Saturday 6 July 2019

Christmas Baubles for the Christmas Card Club

Good morning and thanks for dropping by. This time at the Christmas Card Club Elizabeth wants to see Christmas Baubles.  We also have the option of Anything Goes but I always try to follow the theme. As usual I am posting a day early; the other girls will be posting their cards tomorrow.

 Card # 1


Recipe
6" white base card 
Create a Card bauble die - Crafter's Companion 
Noble Pierced Squares - Sue Wilson
backing paper - Silent Night from First Edition
glitter card stock - Hobbycraft
sentiment stamp - from stash

I initially just used the glitter card as a mat but when I finished I realised there was a mark on the edge, right in the middle, which I couldn't get rid of.  In the end I decided to make a frame from another piece of the glitter card and add it to the top. Shame I wasted a large piece of glitter card which I had used as the mat.  Why do you never find your error until you have finished? Ah well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

Card # 2


 Recipe
7" x 5" base card
Falling Snow e/f - Crafter's Companion 
Bauble die -  Amy Designs
Pine sprigs - Sue Wilson
Sentiment die - Sue Wilson

It's very difficult to see the embossing on the red card stock unfortunately.  Anyway another couple for my Christmas stash, which is mounting up nicely.

Summer has returned to Oxfordshire and I hope it is the same for you too.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.





15 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

Gorgeous cards Christine....great minds thinking alike again ....don’t know why the blog went live today looks like blogger is playing up again.....never mind ...enjoy your weekend xxxx

Wendy L said...

Two gorgeous cards but the first is stunning, a lovely die, xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Two beautiful cards Christine, the die on the first one is gorgeous and such frosty shades too. In contrast with the warm colours your second card is lovely, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your cards are gorgeous I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
such a beautiful pair of cards.
I love the both designs they are so gorgeous and beautifully created as always.
Lots of crafty love and hugs . Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cards Christine, love the die on the top one - so pretty
Lorraine x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Christine! Thanks for your question on my blog post. Unfortunately, I could not email you back, because your email address has not been added to your profile. So I'll try to answer here. If someone does not offer any "follow" options, we can only add their blog address to our readers and get them there. We can still pin and leave comments, but it involves extra effort on our part. I was not sure if you meant my blog specifically. I have several follow options in the right side bar. Maybe other people will see your comment, and consider adding the follow options. If you visit their blog, and want them to add a follow option, please suggest they add one in your comment. I've done that a number of times, and the blog owner has always added the option and contacted me so I could follow them. sorry I don't have a better way of helping with this! hugs, de

Rita said...

Morning Christine. Two stunning cards as Always. Love them both. Hugs Rita xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine, both you and Margaret used the same dies but have produced two very different but equally lovely cards.
Lorraine

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous cards and like the simple but detailed designs. Zoe x

Mrs A. said...

Great save on the first card with the border which does look good . Love the bright red of your second very elegant looking card. Two fab cards. Hugs Mrs A.

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Two stunning designs Christine.... blue is a favourite colour of mine

June x

rachel said...

Two really lovely makes Christine - very pretty xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Christine, two fabulous cards. The dies you've used are both beautiful. xx