Thursday 4 July 2019

More Stars and Stripes

Good morning.  I hope this finds you  well and enjoying some sunshine.

Jenny is hosting our challenge at MAWTT and she wants to see Star and Stripes.  My last card featuring stars and strips was a masculine card so this time I made it feminine.

My Card



This is a very simple flat card. I made the six inch square base card from Hunkydory Adorable Scorable card stock. I then added a pink and white striped mat from Anna Marie Designs card stock but I din't want it to show as a mat, just peek through the stars. Unfortunately I don't know where the die cut background is from.  I bought a pack of them, pre-cut, from a craft show some years ago and this is the first time I have opened the packet.   The pack also includes the centre star die cut. I just added some pink pearls and a rub on greeting (remember those?) to finish off a simple card.

Why not pop over to the blog and check out the DT's card? You might decide to join our challenge too.

Have a good day and I hope it includes some crafting.

Take care.





9 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Card looks simple but it's so pretty anybody would love the receive it.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

Very pretty Christine...oh yes I sent all my rub on and peel offs to the charity shop just recently...it’s amazing what we find in our craft rooms.....xxx

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Christine! What a great use of "negative space" using the striped paper and pearly white cardstock! That embossing folder is fantastic! And having a girly star card is important! (giggle) Beautiful! BTW, I am your newest google follower, and would love if you would follow me, too!
Smiles and Hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is such a sweet design Christine and very pretty too

Happy crafting....

June x

PS I'm going to ask the same question as our teamie, Donna, will you please hit my follow button? Grateful thanks x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a brilliant idea the female design is.
Love this super design and the gorgous pink stiped centre.
As you know I love pink it's my fave colour.
Hope all is well in the Harrop Towers.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Wendy L said...

Super card Christine and a great way of incorporating stars and stripes for Jenny's challenge, thank you, xxx

Caz said...

So pretty Christine...Caz xx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Christine, super design and lovely feminine colours, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love it. the design is gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie