Sunday 13 October 2019

Nativity at Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  My goodness this past year has flown by. Only two more challenges after this.  At least my stock of Christmas cards has been building up.

Rita has chosen the theme this month and, as you can see, it is Nativity.

My Cards


This  card  is 7" x 5" and cut from card from my stash.  I used an embossing folder from Crafters Companion on black card and used chalks to give it a bit of colour.  I almost threw my chalks out a few months ago because it is donkeys years since I have used them. I added a diecut star using a Sweet Dixie die. I computer generated the sentiment but I shall replace it because the font needs to be larger I think.





The rest of the cards were made using "Elegant Ornaments " from Imagine That Digis. There are three images plus seven sentiments in the set.  I made six CAS A6 cards  although the only sentiment I used was the "Peace" one.  I computer generated the others. I used Linen card from Hobbycraft and black card from Rymans. For the final card I made  it 6" square and printed the image larger. I used the same black card and linen card and the spotted paper was a free digi from my stash. The black pearl swirl was something else that had been in my stash for years.  I'm not too sure that it goes with the spotty paper but once it was on it had to stay, or risk damaging the paper in trying to remove it.

Well that's it from me Hope this finds you all well.

Take care.



14 comments:

Wendy L said...

All very beautiful Christine and I love your CAS cards. Xxx

Doreen said...

Beautiful cards.xxx

Lia said...

The cards are beautiful and like them very much.
Lia xx

gwen70 said...

All such beautiful cards.

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Gorgeous card, love the black and white ones.
Lydia
X

Mrs A. said...

Your first card is stunning. I thought it was some sort of metallic print. It looks great. Like those Digi images as well on the black and white cards. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful cards Christine, the first one is really striking in black with the chalks, and your other cards are so elegant, Kate x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your Christmas cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dutchess said...

Gorgeous cards Christine...I do love that embossing folder it works so well with the chalks xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

All very beautiful Christine, I especially love the black and white set.
Lorraine

rachel said...

Great cards Christine - really lovely! Hugs rachel xx

Rita said...

Fabulous cards Christine. Love them both. Sorry I'm late but I have been travelling to my daughters. Hugs Rita xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Great design so traditional and classy love them Love and hugs Carole x

Stamps and Paper said...

Yours cards are beautiful Christine

Anne