Sunday 16 February 2020

Challenge 4 for Christmas Card Club

Good morning. Well here we already at our fourth Christmas make for our little friendly group of crafters who like to get ahead with our Christmas makes.  We take turns to choose the theme and it was my turn this time and I asked that a Christmas Carol or Christmas song be used in our cards.

If you are looking for my IAAS card please click HERE

 Card #1


Card # 2 


My first card features a song and the second one a carol.  Both cards made from Our Daily Bread Designs  before the company name changed to Divinity Designs. The first one was from one of the papers and the second one is Christmas Tree Collage stamp together with one of the papers to mat. Both  flat cards for posting.  I added gold glitter and glossy accents to the second card and gold pearls to the first.

I have used the collage stamp  previously but on gold and green card and it looks so different on a kraft card base.

I have decided that the majority of my cards will be flat and only add lots of embellishment etc to the ones  being hand delivered or close family and dear friends.

I do hope you are not being affected too badly by the storm. Our property is very high so flooding is not a problem but wind certainly is. Fingers crossed for no trees down this weekend.  I don't like all this heavy rain but it certainly fills our wells and those who have followed me for a while know that we are so isolated that we are not on mains water and rely on two wells. Not good in very hot dry summers but you have to take the rough with the smooth - or should that be the wet with the dry?... lol
 
Well take care and keep dry, warm and safe.




18 comments:

gwen70 said...

2 gorgeous cards xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaarten
Groetjes Gerrie

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards ...I have that second stamp and forgot about it ...honestly that’s the trouble with so much stash.....
Glad to hear your surviving the storm our garden has turned into a lake overnight and the wind keeps knocking out the tv and internet...still we are keeping warm and crafting xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two great cards.
Lydia
X

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. Two beautiful cards from you this time around. Loved your challenge too and enjoyed making my cards for it too. Stay safe my friend. Hugs Rita xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine, I have that second stamp also and completely for got about it too. Thanks for a great theme this time.
Lorraine

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Christine..pleased you hear you’ve got no trees down..we had a large on down in the village blocking our way out but some kind villager cane with his chain saw in all that rain and made our lane passable

Anne

Mrs A. said...

Two lovely cards for the theme that you set. I have used some music paper from a christmas pad of paper but have no idea what the tune is.
Very wet and windy here. We are in a dip so get a lot of water. Hugs Mrs A.

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Christine, I love the beautiful designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your cards are gorgeous. I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

Gorgeous cards Christine - I especially love that first one. My favourite Christmas song - so nostalgic!!! Hugs rachel x

aussie aNNie said...

Great post Christine, hope you are doing well.x

Wendy L said...

Your cards arelovely Christine, love the music one, xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, your two cards are beautiful, lovely designs and I love the words as focus on your first card and the music score on the second.
Thanks for the challenge, I did enjoy it, keep safe and cosy, Kate x x

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for such a nice theme, Christine. Both your cards are lovely.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, I love the cards you've made for your theme. I do like that Christmas Collage stamp, it's beautiful.I too tend to make flat, or flat-ish cards for posting, and save the bulky embellishments for those being hand delivered!So sorry I'm running late this week, family stuff got in the way! Hugs, Shaz X

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful classy designs I like the colours . I hope you are well not been around much just lots going on at home Love and hugs Carole x

Furrbster said...

Magnificent cards!

Hugz Tinz