Saturday 15 February 2020

Follow The Sketch at IAAS

Good morning and I trust this finds you all well.  I guess we will all be battening the hatches getting ready for Storm Dennis.  There were so many trees down last weekend here so I do hope it's not going to be like that again. I went out on Saturday morning for the newspaper and when John went out in the afternoon there was a tree and a large limb from another one blocking the way out of our property.  Oh the joys of leaving in the country.

Anyway let's get down to business.  This card is not actually due to be posted until Sunday so I am a day early. Our challenge at IAAS, chosen by me, is to follow a sketch.  Sometimes it is good to be pushed out of our comfort zone.


The Sketch

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" white base card. 
all papers - LOTV Bonnets and Bowties (NitWit Collection)
sentiment stamp - John Next Door
felt and button flower - from stash

It was quite fun to make this card.  Hopefully on Sunday you will pop over to the blog and see what the rest of the DT have made and maybe decide to play along with us. 

Well that's all from me today. Keep safe!




12 comments:

dutchess said...

Very pretty card Christine...storm Dennis has just started to hit us with torrential rain...again and the wind is just howling...oh I am not looking forward to the next few days xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Pretty card. Hope you don't get any damage from storm Dennis.
Lydia
X

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Christine, fab papers and a great take on the sketch
Lorraine x

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Christine ..Love the layout of your card and your papers are very pretty
Yes I think everyone is bracing themselves...we also live in the country and our problem is usually trees and flooding of course...

Anne

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love the design and the papers you have used. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Wendy L said...

You have nailed the sketch Christine, gorgeous card, xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the papers and beautiful sentiment. Loving your interpretation of the sketch too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed card and such lovely papers Christine, Kate x x

Furrbster said...

This is a very pretty card!!

Hugz Tinz

Hazel said...

It's a lovely card Christine, but I have to say that you really taxed my brain with this theme! lol Hazel x

Mimi said...

Such a pretty and Summery card Christine, love it :) xxxx

Margaret said...

Your card is very pretty. I like how you put your flower together to match the ones on your dp. Great sketch challenge. Hugs, Maggie