Sunday 26 May 2019

Lace and Pearls

Good morning. I hope all is well and that you have been enjoying some good weather.  I've been doing a lot of work in the garden before the weather changes.

 I'm here with a card for International Art and Soul today where the challenge is to use lace and pearls

Please scroll down to previous post if you are looking for my Christmas Card Club card.

My Card


Recipe
6" square base card
patterned paper - Craftwork Cards (ancient stash)
paper doiley - from stash
French Pastry doiley die - Cheery Lynn
Fancy Tags - Spellbinders
lace and ribbon - from stash
pearls spray - Want2Scrap
sentiment stamp - unknown

I found this piece of paper in my box of off cuts - I have no idea how many years it's been there but it's a long time! The lace is some that I bought years ago in our local haberdashers when they were selling off old stock.  I got about 25 metres  on a card and it worked out at about 6p per metre - quite the bargain ... lol!  And of course two lacy doileys which also fit the theme.

A few years ago I decided that wooden stamps took up too much space so I took all the rubber stamps off the wood - and forgot to make a note of the company!  I learned after the initial mistake!!!  But it certainly freed up masses of storage space.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Why not pop over to the blog and see what the rest of the team have come up with for this challenge?


Take care and happy crafting.





9 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely card.
Lydia
X

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card I love it. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mrs A. said...

Love this card with lace and doilies. Years and years ago When I was into porcelain doll making I bought bags of lace at 25p a bag from a Doll Makers craft show . The bags were stuffed full and I have only scratched the surface of my hoard!! I only had a few wooden stamps that
I removed but then found I couldn't throw the wooden blocks away just in case I wanted to make something with them!! Lol. Hugs Mrs A.

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart fijn is het als je soms wat bewaard .
Je kerstkaarten zijn ook heel erg mooi.
Groetjes Gerrie

Carole Pollard said...

Such a beautiful card the design and colours are so elegant Love and hugs Carole x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, I love the vintage style and colours, beautifully created, Kate x x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Beautiful card Christine. Love the delicate colours

June x

Hazel said...

I loved working with this theme and I think you probably did too judging by this beauty. I love it. Hazel x

Margaret said...

Very pretty. Everything is no nicely put together. Hugs, Maggie