Saturday 25 May 2019

Let There be Light

Good morning to you all and I hope this finds you fit and well.

Our Fearless leader, Margaret (who keeps us all on the straight and narrow and works so hard on our behalf) has chosen the theme for our Christmas Card Club challenge and she wants to see Christmas lights.  Now this can be any lights such as Christmas tree lights, lamp posts, candles, lanterns, lights shining through a window etc.  She has given us a really wide scope.

Card #1


Recipe
6" cream square base card - made from Crafts UK Ltd A3 card
aqua card stock to mat - Hobbycrafts
papers - Helz Cuppleditch Christmas Village paper pack
matching decoupage topper - Helz Cuppleditch

This paper pack includes papers, and strips of papers which match the toppers etc and that is what I have used to form the layer on my card.  There is also a separate pack of decoupage toppers. I have always put my decorative layer in the middle of the card but I saw Sam at Mixed Up Crafts do it this way and it actually leaves much more room for your toppers or verses etc. The backing paper is really glittery and looks great. If you haven't found Mixed Up Crafts yet you really should take a peek; she is terrific and does some wonderful videos.  I have made a few of her bags and boxes which I have yet to show but I'll get around to it soon.

Card # 2


Recipe
 4" x 6" base card
blue card stock- from stash
image - LOTV
lamp post die - Britannia dies
Pierced Noble rectangles - Sue Wilson
Sentiment die - Sue Wilson 
Falling Snow e/f - Sue Wilson

I think this more or less speaks for itself. This image is just so sweet.

Well that's it from me today. Hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Take care and happy crafting.





13 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards Christine, a few months and I shall start mine, xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi your Christmas cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mrs A. said...

Two perfect cards . My effort is scheduled for tomorrow. I love the tiny coloured lights on the background of your first card. Hugs Mrs A.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Stunning cards... using our Lights Theme ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

Two beautiful cards Christine...love the z card it’s so cheerful and the second is such a sweet image....so glad you enjoy making your cards for the challenge xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely Christmas cards Christine

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, beautifully created cards, lovely topper and papers on your first card, love them both, Kate x x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two superb cards for the theme this week Christine, I have the papers in the first one, never thought to use them though, silly me.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Wow Christine. Two fabulous cards from you. Love both cards so I couldn't choose a favourite. Hugs Rita xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine. TFS. Zoe x

rachel said...

Two great cards Christine - good contrast too! Big hugs Rachel xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Both cards are so sweet Christine but I especially love the second one, it's so cute!

June x