Sunday 18 August 2019

Flowers for IAAS

Good morning.  This is my DT card for International Art and Soul. I was going through some stuff last week and came across a lot of Hunkydory stuff so I thought I would use it for this challenge

If you are looking for my Christmas Card Club  card please scroll down to the previous post.

My Card


Recipe
7" square base card
acetate
Topper and card stock - Hunkydory"Fabulously Floral"

It has been years since I did anything with acetate so this is what I came up with. I cut away most of the card front and just left enough at the top to attach the acetate. All I need to do then was to add a header and footer with a topper and sentiment topper.  I added silver floral peel off borders because they are so like the silver flowers around the topper. A very easy card but looks so pretty. Mind you, it was terrible to photograph without getting reflections showing ion the acetate but I think I did okay in the end.  Why not pop over to the blog and see what my team mates have come up with and maybe you will feel inspired to join in the challenge?

We had a very successful day at the village show yesterday but I was absolutely shattered when I got home.  We raised £1200 - and when I tell you that we only charge £1 for tea and coffee and £2 for cake you can just imagine how many people we served!!  No wonder we were all cream crackered ... lol! I think next year we may have to think about raising the prices a wee bit because we have charged the same for the last five years. But then again, maybe that's why we have so many customers? It was rather breezy initially but the wind soon died down and the sun shone so we were very lucky considering - that we had torrential rain and high winds on Friday and it is raining again this morning.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care.





9 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A really pretty card. Sounds like you had a great many takers for your tea and cake pleased the weather was good to you too.
Lydia
X

Mrs A. said...

This is lovely. Not used acetate for a while( well not used much of anything of late) but can use my right hand to cut the acetates it's my trimmer and I too have lots of Hunkydory papers and card. Thanks for the inspiration. This card realy is pretty. Hugs Mrs A.

Hazel said...

Your card is beautiful Christine - I'm another one who hasn't used acetate for years. It's very bright but very breezy here today. Lily and I went for a walk in the local QE Park at 9 this morning and we're now both worn out. She's fast asleep on the sofa next to me. It's raining on and off now and as she's a Staffie that hates the rain we'll not be going out again today. My DIL is walking from St. James' Park in Newcastle to Morpeth in aid of a baby charity so I hope the weather isn't too bad for the walkers. Hazel x

Margaret said...

This is such a beautiful creation. I love the soft colors of the flowers and how you used the acetate. Hugs, Maggie DT Sister

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what a beautiful card, the topper is beautiful and such a lovely design using the acetate.
My that was a brilliant amount taken, no wonder you were all whacked at the end of the day, well done, Kate x

Doreen said...

Love the fab image, a gorgeous card.xxx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine, I have Love hate relationship with Hunkydory. I love it when I start using the card packs.
What a great amount if money you made Saturday. No wonder you were cream crackered. Xxx

Mimi said...

Beautiful Christine, it is ages since I have seen an acetate card like this, last one I did must have been about 4 years ago. Don't know why I never made more, it is such a stunning layout. Well done you and your team for raising all that and phew, no wonder you were cream crackered, that is a lot of tea/coffee and cake to serve :) Love and hugs Jane xxxx

Carole Pollard said...

Brilliant love your design the acetate looks amazing and like you not used anty for years you have inspired me Love and hugs Carole x