Saturday 31 August 2019

Snowman/men for Christmas Card Club

Good  morning.  Gosh these two weeks certainly come round quickly. The theme this time was chosen by ValeryAnne and she wants to see snowmen on our cards, either one or more.

Card # 1


Recipe
6" square white card base - Rymans
pink pearlescent card from stash
pink snowflake paper - Helz Cuppleditch
lacy squares - Spellbinders
stitched flags - Sue Wilson
shimmer gems - Hobbycraft  
promarkers to colour 
peel off sentiment (white but colored pink)

I have had this digi image a long time and use it a lot but I cannot remember where it is from. I decided to make my snowman a snow lady! I think she looks very pretty in pink. Judging from her smile she seems delighted to have a little friend with her.

Card # 2
 

Recipe
DL card base
red and black card - Rymans
digi image - Crafty Ribbons
promarkers to colour 
peel off sentiment (white but coloured black)

I haven't made a DL card for years but this image definitely called for one.  I have had this image a few years and have never actually used it.  I bought it at the same time as I bought the matching ribbon.  I used the ribbon but not the digi.  I went onto the website to see if they still did it but unfortunately not.  They still have the digi but not the ribbon which is a shame because it is gorgeous. I decided to just add a dash of red to each of the snow people, rather than colouring them in totally, because I felt it made them pop.

Well that's it from for today.  The rest of the girls in our little club will be posting their cards tomorrow but I have a DT card tomorrow which is my reason for showing this ahead of time.

Take time and enjoy your weekend.




11 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

hi Christine ..two great cards I love the pretty colours in the pink and the second one is such a fun image ....just love it xxxx

gwen70 said...

two gorgeous snowmen cards, love them

Anne said...

Two fab cards Christine and very different from each other, I love snowmen. I tend to stick with square cards but I used to make a lot of DL and I do like the shape.
Anne x

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. Love your cards. So different but both so lovely. Great choices. Have a Good Week. Hugs Rita xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two wonderful cards for our theme this week Christine. I love the pink snow lady, I often forget to use pink for Christmas but is really does look great.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Two gorgeous card. Love the pink lady snowman and the cute row of snowmen on the second card. Glad you just coloured a few elements as the card really does pop at you. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

Two wonderful cards Christine - love them to bits! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh Christine I don't know how I missed these cards yesterday, sorry.
Beautiful in pink and so cute, and your second card is fabulous, lovely colours and design, such jolly snowmen, Kate x x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Super cute Christine

June x

Elizabeth said...

Both cards are lovely, Christine. The soft pinks of the first are beautiful and the bunch of happy snowmen in the second are great fun. xx