Thursday 1 August 2019

Bees at Moving Along With The Times

Good morning.  June chose the theme of bees for our challenge this time.  I must confess I was at a loss because I haven't anything bee related, except for something I used in another MAWTT challenge a couple of months ago and I didn't want to use the same thing again.  Fortunately I came across some papers and toppers from a magazine from many many years ago - probably 12 years ago. It pays to be a hoarder sometimes. 😊

My Card 

Recipe
 6" square base card in white
cream card to mat
topper and striped paper - from magazine

 This was a good find and the card came together very easily.  I fussy cut the extra bees and just added the topper onto  foam tape to give a little dimension.

Why not pop across to the blog and see what the rest of the team have made for the challenge?

My nephew and his partner are with us at the moment and staying for a few more days so I'm looking forward to some happy time with them - and with Molly of course.  Molly was my sister's little Yorkshire terrier adopted by Darren when his mum sadly passed away suddenly. She is a beautiful friendly little doggie and always has a great time when she's here since there is so much land for her to play in.

Take care and enjoy your day.




9 comments:

dutchess said...

Gorgeous card Christine...great honey pot image and the bees...it’s amazing what we find in our stash....
Have fun with the family xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your card. Enjoy the time with your family.
Lydia
X

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart leuk met de bij er bij
Groetjes Gerrie

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Hi Christine

I so love your card, wished I'd found something in my craft stash from years ago for this challenge! lol

June x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
that was sure such a fab find as you say it pays to be hoarder and I think us carfty peeps are very much the same I have lots from about 20 years ago which I find it hard to part with.
You know if you do throw things away a couple of weeks later you think of my goodness I wish I still had that.
In any rate I digress as usual.
Love thei wonderful card and those bees are so life like and very lovely.
Excellent fussy cutting of the extra bees.
The stripped paper goes perfectly with the design too.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Caz said...

Love your card Christine...

Caz xx

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is beautiful Christine, a great stash find for you. It's a super challenge and as I had a card already made with this theme I managed to lay along this time.
Have a lovely time with your family, Kate x

A.Rose said...

These bees look like they are crawling on the card. Amazing!