Friday 1 May 2020

Flowers for Moving Along With The Times

Good morning and hope you are all well.  It's time for another challenge at MAWTT and the theme is flowers.


My Card


Recipe
7" x 5" white base card
lemon pearlescent card - from stash
image - Birdhouses LOTV
e/f - Spellbinders
banner die - Sue Wilson
sentiment - rub on (extremely ancient stash!)

This was last weeks' card for my sister.  My brain seems to have gone into lock down too because my mojo is definitely not doing very well right now and my cards are all fairly simple.

The post is taking longer to get to it's destination but I do understand why because my postman explained.  Their work stations are so close together that it is not safe for them.  Instead they have split and half of them come in for the early morning hours to do some sorting and when they go out on their rounds then the the rest of the staff come in to finish off the sorting and then go out later. Obviously it is now not possible for them to sort all the mail before they leave and that is one of the reasons why it is delayed. Plus absenteeism for people self isolating etc. At least that is the new temporary system in my area.  I know some people are complaining but these people are carrying on working for our benefit and we should be thanking them and all the others - shop assistants, pharmacies etc, - for putting themselves at risk for us.

Why not pop over to the blog and check out what the rest of the team have made for teh challenge.

Take care and stay safe.




10 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Christine... love your sweet birdhouse card...yes your right post is taking longer but I’m just grateful our posties are still working.
I’m sure your mojo will come back soon.

Anne

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine....I seem to be having the same inspiration problems....took me a whole day to decide on a layout...kept walking away and having a coffee it just wasn’t working...try again today.
We only get post every other day in our village now...the other day they are concentrating on parcels....I am just grateful they are still working ....take care xxxx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

This is a very pretty card Christine. I know what and how you feel at the moment, my mojo is somewhere else then yesterday I deleted my blog post for my Weekly Wednesday Card Give-Away! Gone, gone, gone!

Take care

June x

Caz said...

Beautiful card Christine, know how you feel bout mojo..mines gone into lock down and dont want to come out lol....Caz xx

Mrs A. said...

This is a lovely cheerful card. My mojo has done a hike and not left me any instructions on how to carry on without her. Will certainly be giving her a piece of my mind when she does reappear!! Hugs Mrs A.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very lovely thing to do to send a card to your sister every week.
Your card is lovely and the image is so perfect for this time of year.
I do hope you and John are okay and managing alright.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love it. I am struggling with my crafting too. Take care. Hugs JAckie

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image. My crafting mojo went on holiday but I am happy that it has returned. It can be so frustrating. I hope it comes back soon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Christine, your card is beautiful, I love these LOTV toppers and your design is so pretty, I'm sure your sister will love it.
Our post is okay, and we have a lovely little lady postie, and I think she is expecting so doubly grateful for her.
I've no time for complainers these days, our Keyworkers are doing a marvellous job keeping the country ticking over, a much better job that the governments. Keep safe, Kate x

Furrbster said...

Very stylish!

Hugz Tinz