Sunday 10 May 2020

Christmas Card Club Challenge #10

Good morning.  I can scarcely believe it's time to post another card for our little club.  It doesn't even seem like a week since the last one and certainly not two.  I know some people are struggling with lock down but I'm finding that time is just whizzing past. I guess there might be some slackening of the rules but it makes me rather nervous. However, being in the over 70's age group we were told from the outset that it would be 12 weeks for us and I don't find that a problem at all. In fact John and I have discussed it and we shall carry on regardless in exactly the way we have been  doing. John hasn't left our property since the problem first started which is about 11 weeks I think. We have plenty of land for him to be outside and he is working really hard with his landscaping project.  He calls it his Corona Virus project.  When he went through more than six months of chemo a few years ago having a project got him through it and he is dealing with this in the same way.  Keeps him from under my feet ... lol! 😃😉

The challenge this time is to show a Christmas door or window, and as you can see I'm showing a window.

My Card 




Recipe
7" x 5" tent fold card
die and e/f - Winter View- Crafters Companion
Pine twig dies - Sue Wilson
Fern dies - Britannia Dies
Sentiment die - John Next Door 
image from my stash
Tonic Nuvo drops

I bought this Crafter's Companion set a couple of years ago when they were extremely reduced in pric so a definite bargain.  It includes the window die, the embossing folder wall and two different tree stamps.  

Well that's it from me today.

Take care and stay safe.





17 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card Christine, love that window die.
Lorraine x

Rita said...

A fabulous window too Christine. Like John it's 8 weeks since I was out as well, but I'm safe in my bubble and thankful for my garden. Hugs Rita xxx

dutchess said...

a lovely window scene Christine....so much to look at...
we are the same working on our garden and staying home and staying safe ...I cant see us changing any time soon .....takecare xxxx

gwen70 said...

Wonderful window card xx

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful Christmas card love the design glad you are coping with the lockdown I have good and bad days but have enjoyed the recent warm weather and being able to get in the garden stay safe love and hugs Carole x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Very festive and a super window scene Christine. Glad to hear that you are both keeping well and occupied :o)
Lorraine

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Christine, I love the fresh look to this Christmas card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a gorgeous Christmas card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

This is beautiful - lovely make Christine xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Christine, lovely image, beautifully designed and coloured.
Thankfully our First Minister has said Scotland is still on lockdown, Johnston has made a decision that will cost more lives, you stay put and stay safe Kate x
,

Mrs A. said...

What a wonderful bargain. Your card is lovely and bright and cheerful. We are the same being in the 70+ bracket and I certainly am not champing at the bit to get back into the normal world (if that is what it will even ever go back to being). Am just enjoying the garden and living each day as it comes. No hassle to be anywhere at a given time or having to put on a posh frock to go out in. I hasten to add that I do get out of my pyjamas each day. I do draw the line at doing the gardening in them. What would the neighbours think!!!
stay safe and well. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

So beautiful Christine.
They are relaxing our laws from today so John and I can go in the car together and bars open at 50% outside capacity, but we are like you, we are going to stay as we are. Xxx

scrappymo! said...

This is a wonderful take on the theme. I also love the sweet little stocking that you can see through the window!

That is a very versatile set. I like that it came with the wall folder too.

Sorry that I am so late getting round to visit. Not only was it Mothers Day but it was also my Grandson's 12th Birthday. I kept busy baking a cake, emailing the recipe to them and my other daughter too. Then we could have a party, each eating their own matching cake!

scrappymo! said...

Me again

I forgot to say that it is so great that you have the land. This is the one time that i have missed the big garden we used to have before we downsized.

Others houses in our past included a bit of land which I always had in two huge gardens. We kept two big chest freezers when the kids were at home and kept them full of veggies and more. Al and the girls would help chop the veggies while I canned them and also blanched them for the freezer.

Over here, the meat and poultry places are badly hit with the virus. Sadly many deaths there as well. They are predicting that next it will be the greenhouses for the cukes and tomatoes etc.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, awesome job, I love that card!Sounds like you got a fab bargain too. Hugs, Shaz X