Tuesday 5 May 2020

Out of Sight

Good morning and hope this finds you all well. This is another card I have sent to my sister.  My plan had been to ensure she had a card on the same day each work so there was something for her to look forward to .  However, the change in postal services means that is not quite possible now.  She does get her card every week but never on the same day, even though I post them at the same time. She does receive it though, which is the main objective, and she is always thrilled.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 4.25" card - made from linen card.
paper - scraps from my box
sentiment - computer generated
Nuvo drops on flower centres

A very CAS card.  I computer generated the sentiment twice on to a piece of landscape linen card stock then cut it in half, giving me two cards. I then just added the paper to the left side with a toning border.  Very simple but looks quite effective, and gives a nice message.

Because it was so easy I then decided to do the same one for the vulnerable ladies in my WI. I just used various papers and sometimes added a paper border and on  others I decided to use up some of the peel off borders which have been in my stash since Adam was a boy!



Well that's it for today. Stay safe and well.



9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely cards Christine
Lorraine x

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards that will give joy to their recipients....always a cheer up to receive a card .....the post here is only delivered every other day the postie told me that they are trying to clear the backlog of parcels so the alternate day is just parcels....still they are doing a sterling job to keep going during this pandemic....
Take care xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Christine and what a lovely idea... our postal service hasn't been too bad but I know they are under pressure...

Anne

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your cards are gorgeous. I bet your sister love receiving them. The post is very strange at the moment but it does get through in the end. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Linda Simpson said...

These are beautiful, loving the sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

They are lovely and I bet, very much appreciated, xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Such a lovely thoughtful thing to send your sister a weekly card, and this one is just so pretty, and the second card too, lovely papers, Kate x

Carole Pollard said...

Such pretty designs so lovely hugs x

Furrbster said...

These are really elegant!

Hugz Tinz