Sunday 28 February 2021

The Natural World at Christmas for IAAS

 Good morning and I'm here with my DT card for IAAS where the challenge is "The Natural World at Christmas - but no robins".

 If you are looking for my Christmas Card Club entry then please scroll down to previous post.

My Project

 

This is a lantern made from John Next Door's large lantern die. I don't have this die but a friend of a friend very kindly die cut a number of lanterns for me. Our WI craft group was asked to decorate the windows of the Village Tea Rooms at Christmas and so I did some of these lanterns as my contribution.  Unfortunately I didn't take pictures before we set it up - then lock down came into effect and we  were unable to retrieve our projects. - until a couple of weeks ago. We have now been asked to do an Easter display too.

I decided that trees, deer, flowers, foliage and snow definitely fit the bill for the natural world at Christmas. Why not pop across to the blog and take a look at what my teamies have made and maybe join in our challenge.  We are a Just for Fun challenge so no prizes on offer I'm afraid.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Take care.






8 comments:

Rita said...

Fantastic lantern Christine. Love the Woodland scene you have created, especially the foliage on the top. Hugs Rita xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine I just love how you have decorated this lantern. It is gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Hazel said...

Absolutely beautiful work - I love it. I'm OK really but beginning to feel my age! I hope you're surviving this lockdown which, hopefully, will be over soon. Hazel x

cuilliesocks said...

This is so beautiful Christine, it's a wonderfully designed piece of home decor, fabulous silvery foliage and a lovely lantern die, Kate x

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful,xxx

Jackie Cornfield said...

So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft Christmas.
We love to see everyone’s work.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck, do come back again!
Hugs, Jackie DT member x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

Cazro said...

Oh! this is stunning, you have done a wonderful job with this project. I am so pleased you have shared it with us at My Time To Craft Christmas. Caz. DT