Monday 21 January 2019

It's Movie Week at IAAS

Hazel is our host at IAAS this week and she has invited us all to the movies!  Okay, well not quite but she has asked us to make a card based on a movie - or film as we Brits would say. Mycard is based on "The Sound of Music".  I first saw this on stage at The Palace Theatre in London when I was about 15 or 16 years old and have seen the film too many times to count.   I just love it.

I almost didn't get this card finished in time because my Grand Calibur gave up the ghost.  Thankfully John came to the rescue; he took it apart and solved the problem.  I do still have my Cuttlebug but it's no good for my bigger dies obviously


My Card

Recipe
7" base card - Anna Marie Designs
linen card stock - Hobbycrafts
green  card - Hunkydory
sentiment die - Apple Blossom
music die - Memory Box
Twisting veranda die - Tonic

This card actually looks much better in real life.  I wanted it to look "clean" but in the picture it looks quite bare.  It's difficult to see that the background is linen card stock so you'll have to take my word for it.  It might have been better to use an embossed background but I didn't want it to be too busy. Anyway, it is what it is.

The Offray ribbon is so pretty with the silver running through it and I was lucky enough to find some colour coordinated gems in my stash. The little satin padded heart is also from my stash.

Why not pop over to the blog and check out which movies my teamies have chosen?

Take care.


7 comments:

Lia said...

Wow, I like this card because of the colours and beautiful diecuts!
Lia xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card I love the soft colours and the dies you have used. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Chriss America Real said...

I love the colors that you used . This card is so lovely and elegant .

Hugs,

Chriss

Margaret said...

It is so very lovely. I do like the soft muted tones of color and the sparkley ribbon. Great job. Hugs, Maggie

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely beautiful and gorgeous colours, loving this card.xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Love your card, I don like cards that are not too fussy and yours fits the bill.
Lydia
X

Carole Pollard said...

So pretty the dies are all fab a very lovely card Love and hugs Carole x