Saturday 5 January 2019

Snowflakes for Christmas Card Club

Good morning. The ladies in our Christmas Card Club will be publishing their first card of the year tomorrow.  We make a Christmas card every two weeks and post it on our own blogs.  This is not a challenge just a way of getting ahead with our cards so we are not panicking as Christmas approaches.  If you would like to join us you can contact our leader Margaret (Duchess). I post my card a day early because I post a DT card on the Sunday. We take turns to choose the theme and my choice for this first post of the year is to use snowflakes on your card.

My Card


 
Recipe
7" square base card - Anne Marie Designs
teal pearlescent card - Jelly Bean Crafts
teal non shed glitter card - Hobbycrafts
embossing Folder - John Next Door
sentiment die - Sue Wilson
large snowflake - Create a Flake -Spellbinders
other snowflakes - The Works dies

I made a real flurry of snowflakes on my card; quite a snowstorm in fact!  There are snowflakes all over the embossed background, in the sentiment die and a flurry of mixed dies in the corner. 

If you would like to see what the other club members have made you will find their details in my side bar.

It is only January 5th and I have already made two Christmas cards so I'm ahead of my target ... lol! Here's hoping I keep it up because I have decided to make at least one Christmas card every week.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care.

 


 

12 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Sue,
Gorgeous card.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

Love it Christine it’s so elegant and the colours are gorgeous.....nice to be back crafting again with the club xxxx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Christine and the colours look great, xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning Christmas card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine, lovely colours and sparkle
Lorraine x

Rita said...

What a beautiful card Christine. I hope you managed through Christmas and New Year as it must have been very hard for you both. Sending Hugs Rita xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, loving the colours and design. Thanks for the challenge I love it, Kate x

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine,love the design and colours you used. Very pretty. Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

Super gorgeous cards christine - lovely colours and the snowflakes are fabulous! Hugs rachel x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Hope you are feeling a bit better...
fabulous card.... lovely colours...
hugs Sylvie xx

Mrs A. said...

I love the cool blue look of this card. Those snowflakes are beautiful. I thought I was going to be stuck with his theme but ended up making 5so Thankyou for making me think outside of the box. Hugs Mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Christine, sorry I'm late but just wanted to pop in and say how much I love your 'flurry of snowflakes'. The card is beautiful. xx