Saturday 14 September 2019

Oh Deer - Anything Goes at Christmas Card Club

Good morning, time for another challenge with my Christmas Card Club friends. Actually I'm a day early because the post is not due until Sunday. We have a very simple theme this time which is Anything Goes.  However, since I missed Rachel's challenge in June when her choice was Reindeer I decided to take the opportunity to catch up on that and so have used deer on my cards today.

Card # 1

Card # 2 
 


These two cards were made with die cuts from a book of die cuts that I bought from The Works and which cost only £3.  They are ideal if you want to make cards in a hurry or have a lot to make.  The book contains twelve pages of diecuts, with a great many diecuts on each page, to make twelve cards.  I didn't actually use all the die cuts on each page.All I added was the kraft base card and a matting layer. So for 36 pence per card, plus the base card and foam squares, I deem that great value for money.  I have since added glitter to the first card.

Card # 3 
 Recipe
6" square white base card
backing paper - Let It Snow paper pad Hobbycraft
star die -John Next Door
stag die - Precious Marieke
sentiment die - Sue Wilson

This backing paper is so pretty that the card really made it self.  I used the star from JND Sam's Starz together with the sentiment die and stag with  baubles die. If you look closely at the paper you will see white deer hiding away in the bottom corners.  The glitter is not easy to see but in real life it is very pretty.

 Well that's all from me today.

Take care and have a great weekend.



11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Three really beautiful cards Christine, wonderfully designed with the die cuts. The Works have some really good paper crafting materials, Rita bought some whilst on her visit. Hope you are feeling so much better, hugs Kate x x

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Lovely cards, There are bargains to be had if you know where to look the works ones are great value.
Lydia
X

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your Christmas card are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful cards for our challenge this time Christine - I love them all. I have the same book from The Works but have yet to create with it. At this rate they will be for next Christmas :)
Lorraine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
3 wonderful cards and such super design.
Love the wonderful images on the first 2.
The 3rd one is quite unusual and very gorgeous too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. Love your fantastic selection of cards. Every one one of them is beautiful too. we don't have a works here but whilst up north visiting Kate I purchased a few pads and dies. Have a lovely crafty week. Hugs Rita xxxx

dutchess said...

such gorgeous cards Christine....I am still away on my hols and have made a trip to the ok diner to get internet...what a great excuse for an all day breakfast!....xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous cards...
thanks for your kind words....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely cards, Christine. The deer are beautiful and such good value too. Elizabeth xx

Mrs A. said...

Broken down like that the cost of the cards to make is a no brainier . Three super cards here . Hugs Mrs A.

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

All three designs are gorgeous Christine

June x