Sunday 1 September 2019

Layer it Up at IAAS

Good morning.  It was my turn to choose the theme for this challenge and I asked to see lots of layers on the cards.   I love to do this. I know it's a bit of a nightmare for those who like nothing more than a CAS card but that's what a challenge is all about isn't it?

If you are looking for my card for the Christmas Card Club  please scroll down to previous post.

My Card

 pocket

insert

Recipe 
6 " square base
papers - First Edition "Love Letters"
topper - "Spring Bringer" from Wee Stamps 
roses - Wild Orchid Crafts
leaf sprays - Britannia 
standard and lacy circle dies - Spellbinders
sentiment stamp -  Quietfire Designs
lace, ribbon and pearls from stash

It's a few years since I made one of these cards so I quite enjoyed it. I used A3 card stock to form the base pocket and then cut the sides diagonally.  I didn't think until I had finished it and taken the photographs that I should have added a stand at the back.  I have  card stand die from John Next Door which is ideal for this so I shall go ahead and do that now.

We are a Just For Fun challenge blog but why not pop across and see the creations from my teamies? We do have banners for the winners so take a look and maybe you will be inspired to join in?

I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Take care.




6 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A love y card, it's so pretty.
Lydia
X

Hazel said...

Your card is beautiful Christine, lovely colours and perfect arrangement. Hazel x

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card it is just so pretty and I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what a gorgeous card, and a beautiful design, lovely image and colours too, hope you are having a lovely Sunday, Kate x

Chriss America Real said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the color combination and the sentiment .

Hugs,

Chriss

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Very beautiful design Christine

June x