Sunday 29 September 2019

Icicles for Christmas Card Club

Good morning and I hope you are all well.   Lorraine is our host at the Christmas Card Club and she wants to see icicles. My cards today are very simple because they were pretty last minute.

 I've had an extremely busy week for card making. I had three sympathy cards to make for WI.  Our president, Jacqui, lost her mum suddenly earlier in the week.  Lilian was also the post mistress in the village for many years and was still working so she will be a great loss to the village. Jacqui and her sister both work in the shop and, being the business it is, they had to keep it open this week so you can imagine how difficult it has been for them.

I also had two cards to make for one of our members who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. Her daughter is also one of our members. It has been quite a difficult week all round. As I had a couple of DT cards to make too I have been rather pushed!!

My Cards



Both cards are 6" square and feature images from the Paper Shelter. The first one is "The Most Adorable Snowmen" and the second one is "For Santa". They are both mounted on glitter card from Hobbycraft. The icicle die is by Joy!Crafts. I die cut it from plain card then used Creative Expressions Fluffy Stuff and Papermania glitter to make the icicles really icy.

I'm sorry this is such a short post but I still have a couple more DT cards which are due in the next few days so I think I'd better get cracking! That will be eleven cards in a week!! Phew! I'll show some of them in future posts.

Take care.





16 comments:

Rita said...

Morning Christine. Two wonderful cards Love both of them and the icicles too of course. Hugs Rita xxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two cards, love the images.
Lydia
X

dutchess said...

Great cards Christine...they are really cute and unusual images I love them...and your snowy look on the icicles is perfect xxxx

Wendy L said...

Two sweet cards Christine.
Quite a sad time for you at present, hugs, xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine your Christmas cards are gorgeous. I love them both. I am sorry that it is such a sad time for you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh what a sad week for your community Christine, although you all sound very close which helps to know that others are supporting each other when times are tough.
Two fabulous cards for my theme this week. I will be posting mine tomorrow as, like you, my week has been manic.
Lorraine

cuilliesocks said...

Oh what sweet snowmen Christine and quite beautiful cards, love the icicle die, looks super as a top border.
How sad for your little community Christine, these ladies will be missed by all. I hope you are keeping much better now, Kate x

Elizabeth said...

Such sad reasons for the cards you've had to make this week, Christine. Not all cards are for joyful occasions. However, your Christmas cards are lovely and you did better than I did - you stuck to the theme of icicles. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi christine,
2 of the most wonderful Christmas cards I've seen for ages.
Love those sweet images and the icicles are brilliant.
Knew you would manage to get icicles in your creation.
So sorry for the people you mentioned.
I have shortly a little book I made for my daughter's friend who ohas just been cleared for the second time of Breast Cancer she is only 50.
Lots of crafty love and hugs. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

A busy week indeed. Two gorgeous cards

Chriss America Real said...

So cute!

Hugs,
Chriss

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the textured icicles.Such a sad week for you all and the one occassion we don't like making cards for
Carol x

Furrbster said...

These are both beautiful cards,

Hugz Tinz

Mrs A. said...

You have made two wonderful icicle cards despite the pressure you were under. Hugs Mrs A.

gwen70 said...

Fabulous images make perfect cards for the challenge

rachel said...

Great cards Christine - lovely! Sounds like a very bust week for all the wrong reasons! Hope you'r ok. Hugs rachel x