Tuesday 15 September 2020

Sentiments for Christmas Card Club

Good morning and apologies to Rachel and my CCC friends for being so late with my card. The theme this time is Christmas Sentiments.

Card #1


Recipe
7" x 5" card - made from Limetree Crafts card stock
acetate - Limetree Crafts 
sentiment paper - unknown digital from stash
snowflake die - The Works

This was the most difficult card to photograph! From the front I caught my own reflection, turning to one side I got the reflections from the hedge outside, turning it the other way I got the reflection of the trees, (we have two very large windows), I was also catching the reflection of the vertical blinds, when I closed them trying to stop the reflections, making it look striped! Arrgh! Ready to scream at this point. I really cannot believe I actually managed to get this with no reflection in the end having moved things around the room into various positions. If at first you don't succeed try, try, try again - and again, and again and again ....😁😂

Card# 2


This one is an extremely simple card.  The image is from a 12" Christmas paper pad which I bought from Crafters Companion a couple of years ago. There are four lovely images on the page. I just matted it onto turquoise card stock, attached it to 7" base card and added pearls. Easy peasy.  Two very flat cards to post.

11 comments:

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards for the challenge Christine....love the one with acetate and the snowflake....great design ...
Glad your water is back up and running take care xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful cards Christine ..love the design of your first one...lovely wreath card

Anne

Doreen said...

A gorgeous Christmas card,love it.xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous cards ....
Hope you are well
Hugs Sylvie xx

Linda Simpson said...

These are both gorgeous, love them!
Hugs
Linda xxx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards, especially love the first one xx

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Christine, two fabulous cards, beautifully designed, Kate x x

Wendy L said...

1st one is amazing, love it.both lovely cards Christine xxxxx

rachel said...

Beautiful makes Christine - and don't worry about being late - life is like that sometimes - its taken me until now to get around to commenting! Big hugs Rachel xx

Mrs A. said...

Both worth waiting for. I have a love hate with acetate. It almost becomes a battle of wits to get a non reflective photo. I have those deer prints in a pAper pack. All so pretty. My tutorials are up now for making the double point card. You will find the link to them on my latest blog post. It is a fun fold to try and very easy to make. Hugs Mrs A.

Zoechaos said...

Your acetate split from card is so effect I've that snowflake is fantastic. x