Saturday 16 January 2021

Nativity at Christmas Card Club

 Good morning.  This is the second challenge for our Christmas Card Club where we make a Christmas card every other week in order to be ahead of the game come November. Margaret has chosen the theme and she wants to see the Nativity which is , of course, the reason for the season. I am a day early with my card and the rest of the girls will be posting on Sunday.

Card 1

 
For this card I used the Memory Box Starlit Nativity Scene. I cut it twice, once in black and again silver then pieced the two leaving me the opposite colourway to make a second card. For some reason I didn't notice the glue stains until  I had taken the picture.  However they came off easily with the glue eraser. Why is it you always see faults after the picture has been taken?
 
Card 2

 
 
This is my "Go To" die for Christmas using  a Crafter's Companion Create a Card die. I love it and it is so easy to do. I have used the last of my beautiful glitter card but hopefully I can get some more because  it puts me in mind of the sand in the desert from where the Magi made their long journey.

Well that's it from me today. Take care and enjoy the weekend. Mind you all days are the same now aren't they during lockdown?





13 comments:

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Christine...they are both perfect for the challenge....
Lockdown is certainly having an effect in our area the infection figures are falling rapidly ...no one about at all,just go to the supermarket once a week...and crafting is keeping me safe and sane.....take care xxxx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two beautiful cards Christine .. I agree all the days are the same I wake up most mornings and don't even know what day it is!

Anne

Rita said...

Two beautiful cards Christine. Have a Nice Day. Hugs Rita xxx

gwen70 said...

two beautiful cards, love them both xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two wonderful cards, perfect for our theme this week and very glittery too, love them.
Lorraine

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine both of your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

Really lovely Christine - gorgeous cards. Hugs Rachel xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous cards Christine, both have lovely designs and super colour themes, Kate x

Furrbster said...

These are both stunning designs!

Hugz Tinz

Mrs A. said...

The black with the silver on the first card is really stunning. Good that you have enough to make a second card in the opposite colourway. hugs mrs A.

Elizabeth said...

Two beautiful cards, Christine. I can see why that die is your go to one - it's gorgeous. x

Zoe Tant said...

two super cards Christine. Perfect nativity scenes. Zoe x