Saturday 13 October 2018

Monochrome for Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  I'm a day early with this post because I need to post another DT card tomorrow. So this is day 2 of my 3 in a row; just like buses - none for ages then three together.

This time it is Kate's turn to choose the theme and her choice is monchrome colours.  I have chosen to use shades of teal.  When I saw this in the Winter Wonderland pad from Crafters Companion I loved it so I used is as the main part of the card. It didn't seem to need anything else so after adding the sentiment die I left it at that.




 Card # 1 - Kate


Recipe
7" square base card - Anna Marie 
Teal glitter card - Crafters Companion
2 different pearlescent card -LimeTree Craft
Main cardstock - "Winter Wonderland" pad Crafters Companion 
Sentiment die - Creative Expressions

Card # 2 - Rachel


Recipe
6" square base card
red card - Rymans
paper - Scandi Christmas from LOTV
sentiment die - Creative Expressions
Noble pierced squares - Creative Expressions
snowflake dies - X Cut

Two weeks ago I missed a challenge when Rachel asked us to use turkeys, sheep or camels so I have made a card now. Many apologies Rachel.  Loved the sheep wearing the Christmas hat so here it is.

Wow!  What a wild day it was yesterday.  I hope you are all safe and sound. 

We are off to Leicester tomorrow to the Richard 111 Exhibition and the cathedral so I think it will be an interesting visit.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.




16 comments:

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine...you are right it doesn’t need anything more added to that lovely image...pretty colour..so soft,and such a cute sheep card!...very windy and wild here this morning not venturing out in it it’s too wet!.....enjoy your weekend xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
Two lovely cards. Enjoy your visit.
Lydia
X

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine what a wonderful card, loving the colours and its beautiful paper, it needs nothing else.
Wonderful sheep image, he suits his hat, super card.
Enjoy your visit to the exhibition, Richard 111 gets such bad press, but I find his compexity really interesting, hugs Kate x x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine both of these cards are stunning. I love them both. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Christine
Lorraine x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous cards Christine....
hugs Sylvie xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous cards Christine, enjoy your day, xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Two fabulous cards Christine

Anne

Mrs A. said...

Love this card in mono teal. Hugs Mrs A.

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, love your take on the theme. That paper pad is so lovely, I agree. Hugs, Shaz X

rachel said...

two really beautiful cards - I love these! Hugs rachel x

scrappymo! said...

Your monochromatic card is so pretty. This was a brilliant idea to let yourDP shine through as the theme of your card. The colours are perfect for our challenge and the glittery sentiment is perfect here.

Your cheep wearing the Santa hat is priceless. Loving that fun card!

MaryH said...

Loved your monochromatic card! That is such a soft look to the background of the beautiful tree! Very soothing and serene. And I loved Red Rachael. Made me smile! TFS & Hugs

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two fabulous cards Christine, lovely designs and gorgeous monochromatic theme.
Lorraine