Monday 29 October 2018

WInter Wonderland

Good morning.  This card is a day late I'm afraid.  What makes it worse is that I was the one who chose the theme! Unfortunately we had a family bereavement so I was unable toget it sorted until late yesterday afternoon.

My Card


Recipe
7" square base card - Anna Marie Designs
burgundy peralescent card - Crafters Companion
white card - Rymans 
Stamp - Petulama (Ancient stash!!)
Frosty Snowflake Corner die - Creative Expressions
Let It Snow die - Creative Expressions
Large trees - Memory Box
Smaller trees - Marianne Designs
Smaller snowflake die  - Hobbycraft
lashings of glitter

I stamped the image in black then used Pearl Plum embossing powder.  In real life it looks great because when the light catches it there is a lovely glimmer of the plum but in the picture it just looks black.  This is one of the very first stamps I bought - more years ago than I care to remember, but I love it still.

We were actually having some snow when I was making this card, but it didn't lay thank goodness.  Much too early for the white stuff.

Well that's all from me.

Take care.


11 comments:

Lia said...

You made a beautiful card with a gorgeous stamp. It's cold over here too. Just 14 days ago it was still 25°C and now only 3.....Brr. Have a nice day,
Lia xx

dutchess said...

Beautiful card Christine...love the frosty look....and all your super die cuts....and that lovely stamp....it snowed here yesterday for a short while then turned to sleet....brrrr....xxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Christine
Fabulous card... I have that tree scene stamp... I bought it on a Dawn bibby holiday in Portugal...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous design Christine,
Sorry for your loss. Xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, sorry to hear your sad news, I hope you are alright, thoughts are with you and your family.
What a wonderful card, beautifully designed and embellished, well worth waiting for, thanks for the challenge, Kate x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine. Love all the dies and extra sparkle.

Sorry to read about your family bereavement. Sending hugs
Lorraine x

Mrs A. said...

Well worth the extra days wait to see your card. I bet it does look stunning IRL. I have given up trying to get a decent photo in the light we have at present. Nothing comes out the right colour. Thanks for a great theme. I had fun making my cards this time. Hugs Mrs A.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

A beautiful card scene with a frosty feel. Sorry to hear your sad news xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a gorgeous frosty feel to this card Christine, lots of glitter and beautiful die cuts. I was two days late so you're ok :o)
Lorraine

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Behind again but heyho lol!!!
I can imagine how sparkly this is. Fab scene and love the die cuts round the edges.
Best wishes.
Ang x

gifts for her said...

I must admit I am.tbe most in craft talent person you will meet, so your Inspiration is great, thank you. You wouldn't believe I run an online e gift shop that also sells greetings cards. If it wasnt fir people like yourself I wouldn't be a ble to see what people liked. Tha is again unique gifts from English and British brands