Wednesday 6 March 2013

A Flippin Man's Card

Hi, well what a glorious day! So warm and sunny. John decided to trim the hedges while the weather was good and so I had a "Me Day" today and took myself off to Cheltenham. It's about a 40 mile drive over very beautiful country roads . Mind you, when I was still working and had to do that drive in the winter it was a very different story!!  I had a lovely walk around the shops (didn't buy anything!) treated myself to lunch then went to the Range and to Hobbycrafts and bought some crafty things from both. Well, how could I walk out of a craft shop with nothing in my bag!!!  My best buy was a set of Papermania stamps called "Nostalgia Pastimes". It includes two golfers, a soccer player, a rugby player, a bowls player, a cricketer,a young chap playing guitar, and best of all a hiker - which is great for my husband. And also five different greetings. I can't say I have nothing to make men's cards now becaause there is something for everyone here. The task will be putting them together. LOL!

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture



I used one of the Flippin' Men range from La Pashe which I have had for ages and never used so I thought I would make it up and see what it was like. I thought it turned out okay. At the same time I bought a  Christmas one so  I might make that up for my brother next Christmas. He likes funny cards.  At least I got to use the tools embellishments which I must have had for about 10 years!!! It was actually quite difficult to photograph. It was so sunny that I was either getting glare off the card itself or if I moved the card then the glare was on the acetate, which looked it even worse, so I settled for it on the card. Makes a change from saying it was too dark to get a decent picture!! I quite like seeing both the front and back view of the guy through the acetate film.

I've decided to schedule this post for morning because John wants to try something with my PC. Lets   hope the weather  is just as nice as today. Asking a lot!!!

Have just been and edited my post. Don't know what happened to Blogger but my post was okay when I previewed it but this morning it has omitted the first picture. It's really weird sometimes.

Love and hugs from Christine xx


20 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Sounds like you have a super 'me' day Christine..and your crafty buys nice lovely.

Love your 'flippin' card they make great cards for men...
Shall look forward to seeing what you make with your new 'buys'


Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, when I saw your card it came to me that I bought these some time ago and will have to dig them out, Father's Day looming. They are so funny. Even if you didi not treat yourself you got some cafty goodies and enjoyed your day.

Wilma x x x

Anne said...

Glad you enjoyed your 'me' day. I've got the stamp set you bought and they are so useful for men. You've made a beautiful job of your card, another easy set for men. Hugs x

Karla said...

Wat een superleuke mannenkaart Christine.
Hier was het gisteren ook heerlijk weer.

Groetjes Karla

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a super card Christine love those images. I buy a lot of my papers from the Range they certainly have a lot to choose from.
jacqui x

Sue said...

This is fabulous Christine. I love the image and brilliant design
Sue xx

Peanut said...

What a fun card. Love all the little manly details...and the man himself - not half bad. Glad you had a great day!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lia said...

This is a hilarious card Christine. It really makes me laugh!
My husband also likes working in our house with all kinds of tools, but thank God, without making a mess like this on your card!
Have a nice day,
Lia xxx

Doreen said...

Fabulous card,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Rita said...

Fabulous card Christine. Hugs Rita xx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Christine. I love the image and layout. It sounds like you had a lovely time yesterday.
Lorraine x

Crafty Lark said...

Great man card, well worth using your stash, look forward to seeing more. xx Flora

Unknown said...

This is one flippin guys card Christine, fab image and bits n pieces for the man thing....luv annie

Karen Petitt said...

fab card, love these la pashe decoupage kits! will have to look for those stamps as I don't have as many male stamps as I would like! hope you have a good day today - blogger is always doing strange things! hugs Karen

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Christine.

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een prachtige mannenkaart
Gerrie xx

Sue said...

Fab card Christine I've used la pashe before ..I think blogger is being a nuisance at the moment mine seemed to go crazy last week and I sat all day and tried to sort it out :(( anyway its nice to have some lighter days now isnt it? huggles hun Sue J xxxx

Patricia said...

Great card Christine,
I have not used these for a while must go and dig them out.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Patricia xxx

May said...

Fabulous card Christine, I've never used these flippin cards... must correct that one.. Love this Brilliant male card..Blogger is being a pain at the moment for me too!! Hugs May x x x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Christine, perfect for any male I have seen these on Create and Craft they do look terrific, full of so much to see.
hugs
lorraine x