Friday 8 March 2013

Mother's Love

Hi, a very quick post today with a very quick CAS card. A friend asked me to make a very simple, very flat card for posting. Well, it doesn't get much quicker or simpler than this!

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

It is a 6x6 card cut from hammered cardstock.  A strip of lilac checked  paper was glued to it and a computer generated sentiment attached.  I used a peel off teapot and teacup stuck onto a scrap of lilac Bazzill Basics and that was it.  I debated with sticking on some pearls or gems but in the end decided that sometimes less is more!  I love this sentiment, but it does bring back so many memories of my mum. I guess all of us who no longer have our mothers with us feel  more than a little nostalgic at this particular time of year.

Almost the weekend - again!! Where does the time go? I'm sure the fairies are stealing some days out of the calendar because we surely cannot be into the second week of March already!!!

Love and hugs from Christine xx



21 comments:

Karla said...

Prachtig kaartje Christine.
Fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the soft colours and beautiful sentiment
Hugs Sue xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love this card Christine such a lovely sentiment and I love the simple style
jacqui x

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
A fantastic card it might have been quick and maybe simple but it is wonderful. I love that sentiment, perfect.
Like you I have fairies stealing my days..........hope they are saving them to give back when the sun is shining!!!!!!
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design and fab sentiment.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine... perfect sentiment for a Mothers day card...

Anne

Sonia said...

Beautiful card dearest creative friend^_^
In Italy today is the International Women's Day,so I wish you 365 days of happyness and love^_^
Sonia

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart Christine
Fijn weekend
Gerrie xx

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Very classy.

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Christine, love the colour. Carol x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. Love the sentiment and colour.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is so simple yet so elegant Christine I love it!! huggles hun Sue J xxx

May said...

Gorgeous card, I love the sentiment & great colour choice.. Hugs May x x x

Rita said...

Hi Christine, what a beautiful card and the verse is lovely. Like you I think of my Mother every day and the wonderful chances she gave me in life. Enjoy your Week-end. Hugs Rita xx

pinky said...

Brilliant card Christine and what a lovely sentiment. Tea and Mum's just go together and I miss my Mum dearly every day too.

Plastic cards said...

This is stunning idea..really impressive card..!!!!!

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - finally caught up at last!!! I must admit this is a favourite because of the CAS design. I always love your cards but this is beautiful in its simplicity. Just love it.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

PS Hope you are both keeping well.

Unknown said...

Fab card Christine, gorgeous for mum's day...xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful in its simplicity your right somtimes less is more, I see you have a couple of advertisers on your blog they get everywhere Sue x

Lia said...

A lovely CAS card Christine!
When is mothers day in England? Over here in the Netherlands it's always the 2nd sunday in May.
xxx Lia

Crafty Lark said...

Love this card, the teapot and cup are really fab. xx Flora