Thursday 7 March 2013

Pastel Confection

Hello friends. Some time ago  I was wandering through blogland (as you do!) and I found myself on Christina's Card-Making-Magic site. My card today is my take on one of the cards that I saw. She really does have some fabulous stuff that would give anybody inspiration.

My Card

Click on image to enlarge picture

My card is A5 size and is ivory cardstock. It was matted with a pearlescent card which gives a shimmery pink or lavender effect, depending on what you put with it. I placed some pink floral card from Kanban on top of that. I used a Special Touch Mask from Creative Expressions to emboss another piece of the ivory card. Unfortunately there is no name on the packet but it is interlocking circles which gives a really nice effect.  SB Labels 20 was used to cut two apertures so that you can see the Kanban card through them. Various leaves were diecut from SB Foliage and sponged with pink ink whist still in the die and a rose from WOC was used in the middle.  I've never used the largest fern leaf before because it is so big, but since this is a large card it works well. For the first time I tried adding pearls with Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA - not with a great deal of success I'm afraid, but I'll just have to practice more.  I need to try to  repair the corner - I think I must have caught it with my arm before it dried, and didn't notice it till I looked at the photo.The pink spotted organza ribbon is from my stash. The corner die is Cheery Lynn Deco corners.

The picture is not good at all. No matter where I put it the light was always wrong. The lovely pearlescent card looks grey. Very weird!

Well that's it for today. Have a great day everybody.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

21 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree Christine, Christina's site is a joy. I have found lots to try after looking round.

Your card is lovely, love the way you have used the dies and the papers are gorgeous. I find the PVA difficult too tend to touch it before it is completely dry.

Wilma x x x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, yes I have visited Christina's site too and there are some amazing creations.When I'm using the PVA, I always do several 'dots' on some scrap paper to get the rhythm before committing to the actual card, it usually works for me..then I leave it overnight so no temptation to touch! Your card is lovely, so delicate. I love your layout and how you have used the dies, Carole Z X

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Een prachtige kaart mooi de tinte rose
Gerrie xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine love your design and the soft colours really gives it a classy look
jacqui x

Crafty Lark said...

Love your soft colours and such a gentle effect. I do wish I was patient enough to try the PVA. xx Flora

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Christine. I love the design and the colours are so pretty and delicate.
Sue xx

Marie-Louise said...

Such a beautiful feminine card Christine.

Lorraine said...

Very pretty Christine. I love the soft colours and gorgeous design.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the design so pretty.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card and love your soft colours...a very pretty design too.

Anne

Sonia said...

Fabulous card ^_^
Elegant and sweet^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

May said...

Stunning card Christine, Wonderful design & Love the soft colours...Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

Hazel said...


Christine your card is stunning, just love how you have put it together.

Hazel

Lia said...

Your card is a real beauty with nice colours. I love the way you made the shape in the frontside!
xxx Lia

Patricia said...

This is a real stunner of a card I love everything about it.
Christina has some fantastic Tutorials on her Blog I love popping in there. Only thing is I spent ages.

Patricia xx

Karen Petitt said...

really stunning Christine, love the colour scheme, the whole thing is gorgeous! will pop on over and have a look at this ladies blog - thank you for the link Karen x

Sue said...

This is lovely Christine..I like to use that 'faux' pearl effect Sue Wilson uses on my cards (when I remember of course LOL and I did today hahahaha!!) Christina has some fab ideas I've followed her tutorials for ages, I love the one she has for the shirt its great for mens cards..huggles hun Sue J xxxxxx

Dee said...

What a gorgeous card Christine love the layout, colours in fact everything about it. I must pop over to Christina's blog and take a look. Hugs Dee x

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Christine, the design is so pretty. Carol x

Unknown said...

Wow what a gorgeous card and colour combo...love this one. Think I will pop over there too...luv annie xxx

Planetsusie said...

Super card Christine - it's lovely to get inspiration from fellow bloggers. I love your 'pearls' they are pretty. I will have a look at the site you mentioned. Just a really gorgeous card.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx