Thursday 14 March 2013

Celebrate The Journey

Good morning dear blog friends, sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. John had hospital appointments both days and since it is quite a long round trip it takes quite a slice out of the day, especially when you factor in "waiting time". You can waste so much time at hospitals.

 When I was cataloguing my list of milestone birthdays I cannot believe that I didn't include my brother's 60th!  I'm not really sure about this card so I might make something different and keep this for one of the other birthdays that are coming up. Morgan has a terrific sense of humour so I also computer-generated a card for him from my sister and I, since Jeanie and I are both past the magic 60!

My Cards

Click on image to enlarge pictures

I folded cream leather cardstock to form an A5 card. The backing paper is Kanban, the stamp is  from the Docrafts magazine and the cogs are a combination of stamps and Kanban. I computer generated the sentiment onto Letraset  Safmat so that it looks as if it has been added directly to the card. I really love this medium!

Then comes the funny one, which I know he will really appreciate. I'll probably hear him laughing all the way down here from the North East! I used Greeting Card Factory Deluxe which I only ever seem to use now for inserts etc. However for something like this it is brilliant because you can really personalise things. 

Front


Inside
 Back

Well that's it from me. Hope you all have a good day - and hope the weather is good because we will probably visit an National Trust property if it is.

Love and  hugs from Christine xx

28 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Two great cards Christine, Love the second one its brilliant
jacqui x

Doreen said...

Just beautiful both of them,love the gorgeous designs.xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous cards Christine. I love the design and colours on your first card and the second card is 'such fun !!'
I hope the weather is nice where you are, we have glorious sunshine here at the moment which makes a welcome change.
Sue

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

They are both great cards Christine but I really do like the uniqueness of the first.

Thanks so much sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Rita said...

Fabulous cards Christine. Hugs Rita xx

Marie-Louise said...

What a fantastic card Christine.

Carol said...

Two fabulous cards Christine, love the second one. Carol x

janieworkum said...

Wat een prachtige kaarten heb je weer gemaakt.
groetjes janie

Sonia said...

Wonderful male cards my dear ^_^ Beautiful colors^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Karla said...

Prachtige kaarten Christine.

Groetjes Karla

marianne said...

What a lovely cards. Nice new ideas.
Greetings, Marianne

pinky said...

Two brilliant cards Christine, love the funny one too lol. Yes hospitals can suck the life out of you!

Stamps and Paper said...

Great cards Christine just love your humorous card.,we all need to smile everyday nd thus certainly made me smile

Anne

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, Love your cards the serious and funny. We all need humour in our lives and one way is through making personal cards.

Wilma x x x

Peanut said...

Flabby cards, Christine. So funny I almost ... Well, you know happens when you laugh too hard!

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat zijn je kaarten weer mooi
Gerrie xx

Sue said...

LOL Christine that card is fab..they both are but yes I would hear him laughing because I am in the North East!!! love them both huggles hun Sue J xxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Both are wonderful Christine but I have to say I do like the somewhat cheeky second one a tad more lol! Karen x

Carole Z said...

Two fab cards Christine, I especially like the cogs one..but only because it's my cuppa tea! Carole Z X

Linby said...

Two great cards both catering for different tastes.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Gail said...

Fabulous entry at Sweet Stampin. Wonderful "guy" card. Thanks for joining in! --gail

Rachel said...

Ha, ha! Fab card!

Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, hope you can join us again next week. Wedgie xxx

Ellibelle said...

These are both fantastic masculine cards! So different and both simply amazing. Loving those beautiful stamps on the first card, stunning design, and choices of color. The second one is so funny. I just love the cute images and sentiments on it.
So happy you shared these with us at penny black and more!

May said...

Fabulous male cards Christine, Love the detail on the first, & the second really did make me LOL... Brilliant!! Hugs May x x x

Dee said...

They are both fabulous cards Christine, the first one has such detail and I love vintage but the second one is so light hearted, which I think is so needed once you get a little older, a bit of fun lightens the day! Dee x

Patricia said...

Hi Christine,
Missed these while was away............they are fantastic.
Love them

Patricia xxx

scrappymo! said...

Two great cards Christine! The first is so masculine and rugged looking. Thanks for the top about the Letraset Safmat. I had not heard of that before and it sounds exactly what I have needed at times.

The second card is such a hoot! I had a good giggle at that one. The images are so funny as well as the sentiment!