Sunday 10 March 2013

Christmas Card Club - Roll Up, Roll Up

Hello to all my friends and blog buddies. Well the weather forecast is for more snow, so it doesn't feel too out of  place to be making a Christmas card! LOL!

This is my entry for the CCC challenge which is "Roll Up, Roll Up, Snowballs and Glitter."


My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

The image of the boy is a Polkadoodles stamp and  the tub of snowballs is a digi image that I found on the internet,  both coloured with Promarkers.  I diecut it with the smallest SB Grand Labels 1 and after embossing it I cut  around the embossing  line and then used the same size die to make a tight blue mat. The dark blue snowflake paper is from my stash and I'm afraid I don't  know what make it is.  The sentiment is  from Little Claires Designs and diecut with SB Lacy Circles.  The snowflakes are a combination of SB Create a-Flake 4 and Mariannes Swedish Snowflakes cut from glitter card. I used Twinklets Diamond Dust for the snowballs. The blue pearls are Hobbycraft adhesive gems - and I have replaced the one which seems to have jumped ship!! It's amazing that you never actually see the flaws until you look at the picture!! There is quite a lot of glitter on this card but it isn't showing in the picture.

Well, that's another Christmas card under my belt. This next Christmas should be less stressful - at least from the card point of view!

Have a good day everybody, and I hope your weather is not too bad!

Love and hugs from Christine xx

Entering into http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/chnc-challenge-extra-for-march.html
http://christmasstampin.blogspot.pt/2013/03/csayl-challenge-6-patterned-paper.html



31 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, first thoughts oh no not christmas but yes a lovely card. You encompass all the elements in the challenge. Love that image and the snowballs love it.

Wilma x x x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine, never too early to start Christmas card making :-)
jacqui x

Oksana said...

Beautiful Christine, love the images and sentiments!x

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine,
Well this card is very appropriate, it is snowing here right at this very moment.
A great card love everything about it.
This is probably something I should do but can't get my head round.
Have a great day

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Christine. I love the image and gorgeous snowflakes. I need to get my Christmas things out again soon.
I hope you have a good Sunday
Hugs Sue

Lia said...

A lovely card Christine and it suits the todays Dutch weather, which seems being the same as over there in Oxfordshire!
Idea: You could enter the weekly '52 weeks of Christmas' on my daughters blog: http://bruggetje.blogspot.com with this card! You don't have to make a card every week for entering.
Have a nice day! Lia xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Christine and gies well with today's very chilly weather....love your image and great dies

Anne

Doreen said...

Oh this is gorgeous,fab image and colours.xxx

Carole Z said...

Cute Christmas card Christine, I'm just hoping the snow stays away from here! Carole Z X

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie....

Wow this is gorgeous....

Huggles ♥ Pops x x x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Christine. A fabulous image and I love the snowflakes.
Lorraine x

Marie-Louise said...

Great Card Christine. Love the colours and the images.

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Christine and perfect for the challenge. We've got a smattering of snow this morning too. Carol x

janieworkum said...

Prachtige kaart Christine,
groetjes janie

Anonymous said...

hi Christine
lovely card we had snow here yesterday luckily iot was wet so it dint lay more forecast for today so its freezing still there are people worse off than me at least im in the dry Sue x

Karen Petitt said...

Afternoon Christine, we have had a little sprinkle of snow but that was it! Gorgeous card, love your snowflakes - absolutely stunning card Karen x

Rita said...

Fabulous card Christine, I should take a leaf out of your book and make some cards too. Enjoy the day. Hugs Rita xx

Hazel said...


Christine your card is just right for the bitterly cold, snowy day here in Fife.

Well done you for getting started early on your cards. Hazel

Sue said...

This is totally fab Christine I'm glad someone knew where to start because I didnt sheesh huggles hun Sue J xx

Heather said...

Well, while you think you see flaws, it looks like a fabulous card to me! A great combination of images, I would have thought they came together and I really like the sparkly snowballs. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Crafty Lark said...

Great card, I did really well last year and this year I haven't got my head round it this year even though we have snow again. xx Flora

dutchess said...

Hi Christine...it's a wonderful card and perfect for the challenge....love blue so rich....it's snowing here in Selby! hugs Margaret

Unknown said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colors and touch of sparkle! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Peanut said...

Gorgeous, Chrsitine! That blue is just do rich. Love it!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

scrappymo! said...

What a laovely, sparkly, snowy card...love that image and best of all that bucket of snowballs.

The sentiment is so pretty and I always manage to lose a pearl or two as well. I swear mine seem to want to jump ship!

Lots of great snowflakes too!

Jenny said...

Eine wirklich schöne Karte ist dir da gelungen.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL.Liebe Grüße Jenny

Zoe Tant said...

I think you win the prize for closest to the CCC of snowballs and glitter. Well done you for finding a snowballing image. Love your card it's perfect. Zx

Hazel said...

Love the rich blue colours and the digi image - delightful card for the CCC challenge and for my CHNC challenge extra for March - thanks for sharing for that too x

mixamatoasties said...

Sweet card.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this time.

Susan

Fabiola said...

thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week with your cute and nice card, hope to see you next time, biz

Patricia Chalas said...

beautiful Christine! Thanks for playing with us at CSAYL!!