Sunday 17 March 2013

Encouragement

Happy St Patrick's Day to any of my followers who may be   Irish - and particularly to my brother Morgan. Today is his 60th birthday but I always send him a St Patrick's day card too. We call him a hybrid - he's English, born on the Irish National Day and christened with  Welsh names,  Morgan David. I'm sure my parents could have fitted in a bit of Scotland if they had tried! Why not Andrew instead of David? LOL!

Considering it is only the middle of  March it has been a pretty rough few months. Yesterday I had some news which knocked me for a six. A very good friend (her husband was in our wedding party) has just been diagnosed with an extremely aggressive form of leukaemia.   She has just had her first chemo so the sentiment on my card is perfect for the situation I think. She is a fighter.  I thought I would make her a card at each treatment so here is the first.

My Card

 Click on image to enlarge picture.


I have used these two sets of stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs before, but they are particular favourites of mine. The sentiment is from the Keep Climbing set, and the image is from Bird and Butterfly Labels. I stamped them with Tsukineko pigment ink Pearlescent Crimson and die cut with SB Labels 18. The patterned backing papers are Forever Friends and the others are from my stash, together with the pearls. The 3D butterflies are Hobbycraft Fly Stickers.

Well that's it for today. Hope the snow stops soon; it is a real white world here again today!

Love and hugs from Christine xx

Entering in: http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-260-anything-goes.html 

                  http://happycamperscc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/happy-campers-challenge-no-12-flutterby.html
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-220-anything-goes.html
http://nutcrafters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/challenge-38something-beginning-with-b.html
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/stamp-challenge.html

28 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is such a lovely card Christine its just a shame that we have to make these type of cards but I'm sure your friend will love it
jacqui x

Marie-Louise said...

A really beautiful card Christine and should really lift your friend's spirits. Hope everything goes well for her.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine, gorgeous colours ...your friend will love it

Anne

Carol said...

A beautiful card and sentiment Christine, your friend will appreciate it. Been quite dry and bright here. Carol x

Doreen said...

This is beautiful...love the design and gorgeous colours.xxx

Sue said...

Awww hugs Christine..she will love this and as im typing this we are having sleet coming down..I wish it would go away! this is a lovely card huggles hun Sue J xx

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful Christine, sure that not only will she love that you made it for her but also that you are thinking of her - you's lovely! Karen x

sue w. said...

Hi Christine, this is so special and I'm sure your friend will too.
Hugs Sue W.

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart Christine, ik denk dat je vriend deze ook mooi vind.
groetjes Janie

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Pretty card, love the colour, thanks for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Christine. I love the colours and pretty little butterflies.
Lorraine x

Hazel said...


Christine, it's so great of you to make your friend a card for each treatment, it will help lift her spirits if she is a fighter she will hopefully get through this. She needs friends to be there for her at this time a just getting a beautiful card will show her you care.

Hazel

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your friend Christine. I am sure that your beautiful card will help to lift her spirits and she is sure to know how much you care for her. The sentiment is just so beautiful and the soft colours are gorgeous
Take care
Hugs Sue

Rita said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Christine. I'm sure your gorgeous card will certainly go a long way in cheering her up. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Christine, what dreadful news so sorry to hear that, lots of positive vibes heading there.
Happy crafting
Elaine

Patricia said...

Hi Christine, Sorry to hear about your friend, thinking about her and sending some Hugs. Your card is beautiful, great colour, she will love it. That sentiment is just perfect, wish I had that when I was sending cards to Hazel last year.

A Late Happy Birthday for your brother. WOW! that`s a great background he has, certainly a talking point.

Oh! My! goodness just looked up and it is snowing quite heavily. Will "Spring" ever come??
Have a Great Day

Patricia xxx

Sonia said...

Wonderful card my dear creative friend^_^
Have a beautiful day^_^
Sonia

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Christine i am so sorry to hear about your friends news I am sure this beautiful card will help give her some comfort in this very difficult time.
hugs
lorraine x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, I am so sorry to read the news of your friend; I'm sure your lovely card will be much appreciated, hugs Carole Z xx

Peanut said...

Sorry about your friend, Christine. You'vr a gorgeous card, which will be cherished for sure!
I apologise for not visiting sooner… been poorly all weekend. I miss seeing your beautiful projects.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lia said...

You used wonderfull colours for this pretty card Christine!
Lia xxx

Mandy said...

Hi Christine,
Just dropping by to say thank you for following me over at Bloglovin,I've just clicked the button and I'm now following you...How funny we are both in Oxfordshire,I'm about 8 miles from Oxford.... Beautiful card for your friend,lovely sentiment sending best wishes to her...
Mandy x

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear that.That's sad news.Thinking of you.Your card is so pretty.Thanks for joining in withus over at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

May said...

So Sorry to hear of your dear friend's diagnosis Christine..I'm sure she will be delighted with this wonderful card & perfect sentiment... Lots of love & thoughts to her... Hugs May x x x

scrappymo! said...

So sorry to hear of your friends diagnosis Christine. I think it is wonderful that you are going to make a card every treatment. She will need every bit of positivity she can to get through it all. I'm not sure that is even a word but you know what I mean.

Your sentiment stamp is outstanding and your whole card is so upbeat...she will love it!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Christine,
I' sorry about your friend, I hope she will fight and stay strong and with God's will she will recover. I ams ure she will love your card as much as I do. Thank you for playing along with us at Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge and we hope to see you again soon. Good Luck :)
Hugs,
Asmah
[Lady Anne's Challenges DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Great card. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Cards by Lady Anne

Lady Anne's Challenge
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

Donna said...

Beautiful sentiment and wonderful design. Love the special touch of butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's Stamp challenge.