Saturday 23 March 2013

New Dies To Play WIth

Good morning my dear blog friends. Hope you are all surviving the snowy, wintry conditions! I would normally have been going to the NEC on Thursday or Friday but this year I decided to give it a miss. Just as well considering the weather and conditions here over the last few days. Yesterday we managed to get out and do the food shopping fortunately, because this morning is really bad with snowdrifts because it is also very windy. I think it snowed most of the night and still it comes down! There'll be no newspaper today!!

 I saw these dies on Becca Feekins Amazing Paper Grace blog   here  and so decided to treat myself - well I would have spent much more if I had gone to the show, now wouldn't I?  They really are gorgeous and large enough to use for an actual card since the largest die, used here, is 6½ x 4½ inches. Her card is stunning, as always, but I'm not unhappy with mine. LOL!

This will probably be for my sister's birthday which she will be celebrating whilst away on holiday, so I didn't want to make it too bulky for packing. However, knowing me I could well change my mind!

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture 




I used the largest size in the Detailed Scallop cut twice. I made a smaller light weight card to join the two pieces together and make it stable and I also glued the scallops together along the top edge. The packaging says 5 x 7 inches but that's a not quite true.  I then used Radiant Rectangles for the centre. The largest of this set is approx 6 x 4 inches, so again would make a decent size card. The sentiment is from JustRite Grand Sentiments and the roses are WOC. The pearls and ribbon are from my stash. I must try to wean myself away from purple and lilac - but I do love those shades!

Well I hope you all have a great weekend and I  hope the weather doesn't spoil any plans you may have made.

Love and hugs from Christine xx

19 comments:

Peanut said...

I soooo want those dies!!!! WHat a stunning creation, Christine! LOVE that you stuck to a simple colour palette. WoW!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine.

Doreen said...

Beautiful card....gorgeous design.xxx

Sonia said...

Fabulous card dearest Christine^_^
I love it^_^
Happy weekend^_^
Sonia

janieworkum said...

Wat schitterend Christine, die mallen vind ik erg mooi
groetjes Janie

Hazel said...


Beautiful stunning card Christine I do love cards like this. Hazel

Crafty Lark said...

Stunning card Christine and I love the colour. I did say I wouldn't need these intricate dies but they are now popping onto my wish/NEED list. Hope you have a safe weekend. xx Flora

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning. I love them all Christine. I think Becca is really kind to share her tutorials with us and what's more they are easy to follow. I have 3 lots of new dies too, but I haven't had time to play as I'm sewing at the moment. Have a good Day with your dies. Hugs Rita xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow what a stunning card Christine and I can see how you fell in love this these gorgeous dies... think I might just have to add these to my 'wanted list'.....

Anne

Oksana said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine! It's a lovely die, we have to treat ourselves sometimes! Take care this weekend, what crazy weather!xx

Karen Petitt said...

omg Christine - that is gorgeous and more! beautiful lacy die and a gorgeous colour scheme. I've not gone to NEC for the last couple of years but I do know that buying one or two sets of dies will have cost me a lot less than what I use to spend up there! Stay home, warm and safe - this weather is crazy ! big hugs Karen x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine, what a super die
jacqui x

Patricia said...

Absolutely beautiful, I am waiting for these Dies to come. Postie been today so will have to wait till Monday.
I love everything about your card it is stunning.

No papers here either, John walked along to the Box where they are dropped off but nothing there. The delivery van did not get through.
Keep Warm and just Keep on Crafting
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, beautiful card, love the colours and dies.

Wilma x x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Christine wat een prachtige kaart en mooie mal
Gerrie xx

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine. I love your new dies and how you have used them. The colours are gorgeous too.
Take care in the snow. Luckily, we have escaped it here.
Sue xx

Karla said...

Christine wat een prachtige kaart en wat heb je weer mooie mallen gebruikt.

Groetjes Karla

Sue said...

Fabulous Christine!! adore those dies they need to be on my wish list gorgeous colour do I love shades of purple and lilac huggles hun Sue J and so far we are free from snow!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card Christine. The die is gorgeous and love teh colours and design.
Have a good weekend.
Lorraine