Saturday 2 March 2013

Dandelion Girl

Hi dear blog friends, and welcome to my new followers.

I'm sure that like me, when you were a child you used to "tell the time" by blowing on the dandelion clock. Ah those were the days... long hot sunny days, lots of fun and no worries! If only life could be like that again eh?

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture


Enlargement showing the flower

This is Sylvia Zets Dandelion Girl from the Wee Stamps collection.  I die cut it with Spellbinders Standard circle and matted it with SB Lacy Circles. The backing papers are Forever Friends by Docrafts. The corner dies are Cheery Lyn Lace Corner Deco B. I die cut two flowers from SB Jewel Flowers and Flourishes and added a small WOC rose into the centre.  The main picture was a little dark and the flower not very visible so I did a close up. The little starry flowers are the bits  from the corner dies. A little bling in the corners and a little Stickles glitter on her ruffles and the dandelion and that was it. I decided to omit a sentiment. It can always be added later if necessary.

Well Friday was quite a nice day here and tomorrow promises to be better, so maybe Spring is around the corner. I did whisper that - just in case!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Love and hugs from Christine xx

21 comments:

Karla said...

Christine je hebt weer een prachtige kaart gemaakt, leuk plaatje en mooie kleuren.
Fijn weekend.

Groetjes Karla

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine, I love this image she's a dream to colour. Great layout and I LOVE your corners

Yes keeping fingers crossed that the weather is on the up
jacqui x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab image and great papers.xxx

Sonia said...

What a wonderful work my dear ^_^
Sweet and lovely image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the sweet image and the colours and papers and beautiful.
I hope you have a good day
Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. The image is so sweet and I love the colours and papers.
Have a good weekend
Lorraine x

Peanut said...

Absolutely adorable, Christine. And sure brings back memories of them good ol' days.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Chrisitine. Gorgeous image and lovely backing paper.

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. The image brings happy memories of doing exactly this as child. Have a good day. Hugs Rita xx

Hazel said...



Another great card Christine. Yes I can remember doing this with the danilion heads too.

Hazel

Anne said...

Happy memories! Fabulous card Christine. Hugs x

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart Chris
groetjes Janietine

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Mooie kaart Christine het bloemetje mooi gemaakt
Gerrie xxx

Anonymous said...

wat a lovely card I remember doing this as a child too Sue x

melanie said...

What a beautiful card love the Image and your colouring is great the flower is great must try that , wont be doing much I have got raging toothache .Melanie

Carol said...

This is so pretty Christine, love the papers and colours. Gorgeous day here today. Carol x

Patricia said...

Christine, this is gorgeous, love the colours you have used.
Those papers are really pretty.

Patricia xxx

Carole Z said...

Evening Christine, this is a super cute card, love the colours! Carole Z X

Sue said...

Oh Christine this is really lovely and yes we have had two good days too but I'm whispering this!! huggles hun Sue J xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Christine such a sweet image ...love your papers and layout

Anne

Planetsusie said...

Quick comment Christine - I lurve this card the colours are fabulous and so is the image. I still try to tell the time with dandelion clocks by the way!!!!

Hugs sue Pxxx