Sunday 9 August 2020

Afternoon Tea for WI Members

Good morning and hope all is well.

Finally John is out from his shielding!  It's  been such a long time because he actually started mid March, before he got his instructions, because I wanted to err on the side of caution. Luckily he wasn't confined to the house because we have three acres and no neighbours.  I think it might have been a different story if he had been totally housebound.  We knew he could do it though because he endured six months of chemotherapy a few years ago and had to do the same thing.

Yesterday was a glorious day, albeit rather too hot for me, so we decided to go to Stratford upon Avon which is only about 14 miles away.  The town was very busy so we went down to the river where there were fewer people and it was a little cooler too. I guess people are staycationing.  However, although I said it was busy, it was empty compared to the beach scenes on the news.  These people are so crazy!!  Anyway, John enjoyed his trip out so we will plan again for next week. Maybe Evesham or Stow on the Wold. 
My Project


This was glued to the bag front.

Coordinating cards


Some of the 53 afternoon tea packs and matching cards ready for delivery to our members.

In August our WI  always has a lovely visit somewhere where we dress up in posh frocks and hats and have afternoon tea.  Obviously that was out of the question this year but we didn't want our ladies to miss out.

We included cake, scone, jam, cream, biscuits, tea bag, fancy napkin and a Tea Quiz. It was then a long trek to deliver them all. There are five of us on the committee and since I do all the work with making cards and gifts every month (every two weeks for our vulnerable ladies) I am always excused the delivery. That's just as well really because I live in a different village and don't know where all the addresses are.


The feed back we have had so far has been very positive - the pun was not intentional by the way but I decided to leave it there when I realised.

Now we have to sort something for the next few months because it doesn't look likely that we will be meeting again until next year. Still as we keep saying better safe than sorry..

Take care.

9 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bags Christine I'm sure the members will love them....I can imagine hot John felt...I was in Lockdown for 12 weeks that was bad enough. I love Stratford especially by the riverside there's always something going on...

Anne

Wendy L said...

What a lovely idea, xcxxx
The bags look wonderful. Xx

dutchess said...

Wow how busy you have been I bet everyone will be delighted.....such a lovely idea.....take care xxx

Linda Simpson said...

You have been busy they look amazing.
Hugs
Linda xxx

cuilliesocks said...

What a very thoughtful idea Christine so that your ladies don't miss out, a lot of work but worth it, lovely menus and gift bags.
Great to hear that you both got an outing after so long, well done to John, Kate x

Gibmiss said...

Great idea ...to dress up and eat cake ...what could be better ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Furrbster said...

These are really lovely,

Hugz Tinz

sallysbitz2 said...

Awww, how lovely.
Your cards & gift bags are beautiful and must of taken an age to do. I bet the ladies were over the moon in receiving them x

Great work x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
so glad you and John managed that lovely day out.
What a super idea that was for the WI Ladies.
Lots of work for you creating all the paper items included and such a lovely treat for all your members.
As you say it was a way of compensating for not being able to have a lovely day out.
I remember my days in the WI and the lovely times we had on our days out.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.