Saturday 1 August 2020

MAWTT Challenge # 121 Elephants

Good morning and I hope this finds you all well.  I'm hoping today will be cooler because yesterday I was just melting.  I hardly left the house yesterday because it was so cool inside (at least downstairs) and scorching outside.  I know some people love this heat but unfortunately my body just cannot cope with it.  We're never happy are we?

It's time for another challenge at Moving Along With The Times and the theme is elephants. 

My Card




I didn't think I had  anything suitable for this challenge until I trawled through my external hard drive and found this fabulous image.  I just love it. I printed it onto linen card stock and added a cream border , also from linen card, and then attached it to a 7" x5" base card made from grey pearlescent card. I decided against adding a sentiment so not to detract from the image.  It also means it is then suitable for any occasion.

Well that's it from me. Take care and have a lovely weekend.



9 comments:

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

The elephant family is a lovely image for your card Christine

Have a good weekend

June x

PS I'm hoping it gets as warm today as yesterday, it's a little chilly for me at the moment, and, I agree we're never happy with the weather lol

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for making your beautiful elephant card for our challenge this month.
Have a lovely weekend Christine.
Diane Louise (MAWTT) xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love elephants and the card is absolutely beautiful...xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. Those elephants are magnificent. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
this is such a lovely image and I love the card stock you have used as your matts.
You have found a perfect image for the challenge.
I struggled with this one too.
I also hate the very warm weather and can't cope with it.
I also stayed in the house by my fans as I have them dotted all over the house.
Tony couldn't cope with it either that's why I have so many fans.
I do hope you and John are keeping well.
I went out this week for the first time as my Daughter was on holiday.
It was so lovely to be out and about but masks in the heat make you lot hotter.
I don't know how the medical people cope with it, but then I suppose you get used to it.
Lots of crafty love and hugs. Jenny L.

Carole Pollard said...

Love elephants and your card is so classy love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the design and elephants. It sure was a hot one yesterday, I love the heat but the afternoon was too hot and sat in doors in the shade.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Your card is Lovely Christine love the elephant image...yes thank goodness its cooler today...

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful image and super card Christine.
The heat here yesterday was too much for me too, just zapped the little energy I had, it was lovely to see the sun shining though, Kate x