Saturday 29 August 2020

Make it Red for the Christmas Card Club

Good morning.  I'm here with my cards for our friendly little Christmas Card Challenge group. As usual I'm a day early. The idea is to make our cards mainly red, so very traditional this time.

Card # 1
 

Recipe
Red base card made from cardstock I bought at the NEC
embossing folder - Falling Snow Sue Wilson
snowflake border - The Works
image - Hunkydory Little Book of Christmas Poems

Card # 2

 Recipe
Red card as above
image - Greeting Card Factory
e/f - Snowflake Lattice Sue Wilson
snowflake edge die - unknown
scalloped circle die - Spellbinders
twiggy leaves - Sue Wilson 

Card # 3

Recipe
A6 white base card
red card - as above
e/f - Crafts Too 
snowflake die - The Works
 
Three simple but very different cards and all meeting the brief - and building up my stash. We do have the option of going for "Anything Goes" but I like to challenge myself to fulfill the brief - and I find I procrastinate too much with anything goes and so find it more difficult.

Anyway, I hope you haven't been washed away or blown away with this awful weather.  Thoughts and prayers are with anyone experiencing difficulties and especially those  in Texas.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.





14 comments:

dutchess said...

3 great cards for the theme Christine...can’t get more Christmas than red ...take care xxx

Gibmiss said...

Three fabulous cards Christine ...just finishing mine off ready for tomorrow ....
Still hot here in Gib .....
Hugs Sylvie xx
Take Care

Doreen said...

Three gorgeous Christmas cards.xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a gorgeous set of Christmas card. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Gosh you've been busy Christine and all three cards are beautifully designed, I especially love the cardinal one. I'd forgotten about the challenge, I'm mixed up with my dates. Have a lovely weekend, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Christine, love the beautiful designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy L said...

All very beautiful Christine, xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Christine, a beautiful selection of cards, and yes, we were thinking alike- that was the folder I was going to use! It looks lovely with the snowflake. Hugs, Shaz X

gwen70 said...

Fabulous cards . Love them all

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous trio Christine. Very clever use of embossing and the 'red' to make such striking cards. Keep safe Zoe x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Three cards and all so gorgeous Christine, lovely embossing and the white accents make for very festive cards.
Lorraine

Elizabeth said...

All beautiful cards, Christine, and you certainly cracked the red requirement. xx

rachel said...

three beautiful cards - all red and yet all so very different! love seeing the red cardinal. Miss seeing those now we don't hear from Mary. Big hugs Rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Three beautiful red cards. All so different. Hugs Mrs A.