Monday 17 August 2020

Card Inspired By a Book for IAAS

Good morning.  I'm a day late with this post. The challenge at International Art and Soul is to make a card inspired by a book.  I chose the Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. We read this in junior school when I was about nine years old and I loved it.

My Card


This is a photograph I took at Packwood House a few years ago. It is a National Trust property in Warwickshire.  Unfortunately it is not coming up very clearly. If you enlarge the picture you will see the gate at the back leading into my secret garden.  I had to wait ages to take this photo because there were always people coming through the gate. 

Pop across to the blog and see what my teamies have come up with this for the challenge,

Sorry for the quick post but I've got rather a busy morning.  And hopefully the engineer will be coming this afternoon to fix our phone.  We have been without it since the bad storms on Wednesday evening. This was the first appointment they had free.  Crazy isn't it?  Thank goodness for mobile phones.

Take care and have a good day.






10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Christine this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

dutchess said...

Lovely idea to use your photo...a perfect image.....
Had to go out this morning to buy a new DVD player...think we have worn it out during lockdown....hope you are getting the phone fixed and the engineer turns up....take care xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Christine I remembered visiting Packwood House a few years ago...

Anne

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and loving the image and design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margaret said...

Beautiful card. I love that you used a real photo for it. Do you have a garden at all? I'd love to have a secret garden to pop off to every so often to get away from the world.

Hazel said...

A lovely image and lovely card in my favourite colour! I didn't really enjoy the book, isn't it weird how we can all be so different? Hazel x

Mrs A. said...

You have taken a lovely photo here and yes that book was one of my favourites to read . Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

What a great idea to use your photo and it looks a lovely garden, beautiful card Christine, Kate x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful Love the idea of the secret garden. Sadly, my lot is too small to allow for that.
Such a pretty card, Christine.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a very lovely card and your photo of that secret garden gate is so lovely.
A perfect image for a very lovely book.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.