Monday 12 November 2012

Celebrate

Good  morning friends and thank you for visiting. Well, today I am officially  older! Yes today is my birthday and so we will be going out for lunch later. I made a card yesterday and then  spent some time playing around with some of my new stash I bought at the NEC

 I used a Cheery Lynn die cut to make my card. This die isn't actually new, I got it last year to use on the wedding album I did for my sister and I haven't used it since. I saw somebody using a Cheery Lynne die in a demo and though the die was nothing like this one, and the card they made was nothing like this, it just brought it to my mind and so I got  it out and used it. Strange how the mind works.



Click on image to enlarge pictures

The die is Victorian Romance Flourish and I cut it three times. I cut the third one in half and removed the centre. The heart shape  in the centreis just two bits of the waste as they came out of the die. I used the smallest of the Resplendant Rectangles to die cut a label for the easel stopper and used a rub on that says Celebrate, but that doesn't show in the picture at all. I finished off with a few gems.

I then decided to try out the moulds and WOW Melt It powder that I bought. No, they are not sweeties, even though they do look a little like goodies!

 

These are the daisy and rose moulds I used.


For the pink ones I mixed Rich Ruby Red embossing powder with the Melt It. I can see I need  to use a much higher ratio of coloured embossing powder to achieve a deeper colour. But it's all trial and error, and I have never done this before. The others were made using WOW platinum powder which gives a sort of taupe colour. The beauty of this is that if you don't like it, or the flower is not as good a shape as you would like, then you can just melt it down and try again. I  did do that just to see if it worked - it does! I only wish now that I had bought some more moulds because this really is a lot of fun.

Well that's all for today. I hope you all have a good day!

With love from Christine xx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to you, have a wonderful day. Your card is so beautiful love those dies and those little moulds look interesting, as you say you have to experiment to get it right. Good thing being able to melt ones your are not happy with and start again.

Enjoy your birthday.

Wilma x x

Carole Z said...

Happy Birthday Christine! Hope you have a lovely day X Your card is gorgeous, beautiful die. Your little moulds are really pretty and reminded me that I have some in a box made and ready to use..I've never tried wow powder, though I have seen it, I usually use clay, but looks like something I should have a go with! Hugs Carole Z X

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
what a beautiful card. I love that die it is so pretty. Wonderful design too.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I forgot to say Happy Birthday to you. I hope you have a wonderful lunch.
I was so busy looking at your lovely card.
The flowers are super, I like this idea.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Happy Birthday Christine, this card is beautiful and so unusal love your flowers

jacqui x

Stamps and Paper said...

Happy Birthday Christine...love your swirly card and your moulded flowers look great

Anne

Sue said...

Happy Birthday christine. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Your card is gorgeous, I love the colour and those flowers are so pretty.

Sue

Marie-Louise said...

A very Happy Birthday Christine. Beautiful card. I have never even heard of these little moulds - looks like a lot of fun. Did not get a chance to thank you for your e-mail with the tip about the marvellous squares - but I have been under the weather with a very sore throat and dreadful cough - anyway Thank you it was very much appreciated.

Rita said...

Happy Birthday Christine. What a beautiful card. I love your flowers and the colours are gorgeous. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Patricia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Christine have a great day.
I like these flowers I have never even seen these in action. I like when you see Demos and you then get use of what you already have.
You have made a beautiful card with the inspiration you got.

Patricia xx

Crafty Lark said...

Happy Birthday Christine, hope you have a wonderful day. Great card and I love the way you have trimmed the die-cut to match. You have put me to shame as I haven't used my moulds and I have had them for months, like your results.

Lia said...

Happy Birthday Christine and have a nice day!!
Love your card!
xxx Lia

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hartelijk gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag Christine een fijn dag
Nu je kaart wat een mooi kaart heb je gemaakt.
De bloemen zijn ook heel erg mooi
Gerrie xxx

Planetsusie said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Christine, happy birthday to you!!!!! Hope you were singing along!

I trust you have had a really leasurely lunch with John and are now feeling full - but not uncomfortable - lol!!!

I love the card above by the way, sorry if I went off at a tangent. The colours are my faves! As for the flowers - they do look yummy! Mind you breakfast was a long time ago!

Big hugs and have a great rest of the day.

Love Sue Pxxx

Hazel said...


Happy Birthday Christine. I hope you had a lovely lunch. Glad you had fun playing with some of
your goodies you bought those little moulds look fun. Enjoy the rest of your birthday.

Hazel

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card, very elegant.
Happy Birthday!! Hope you've had a lovely day so far and enjoy the rest of the day.
Lorraine x

Suzie's Card Den said...

Happy Birthday Christine, I love the card, such pretty dies. Those flowers look amazing, I hope you had a great time at NEC, I really wanted to go, but didn't think my purse could make it as I have bought so much recently.
Hugs
Suzie xx