Sunday 18 November 2012

Hanging Star

Good morning blog friends.  Today I have a very simple hanging star to show you which was made from only two pieces of 6x6 card,  plus the embellishments.


Click on image to enlarge pictures

Back of star

I found the simple tutorial  HERE if you are interested.

I used Spellbinders standard circles and lacy circles for the centre. I used a large, bought poinsettia but I pulled it apart and covered it in red rose glitter - I didn't have any true red, but it doesn't look too bad. I disposed of the yellow centre and replaced it with a small rose, both flowers from WOC. I just used some narrow red  to form a hanging  loop.  The joins at the back don't fully meet and  I didn't like the white strip that showed  so I used peel off borders to cover each edge. This way if it was hanging from the Christmas tree and swung round it would still look quite neat from behind. Easy peasy!

Hope your weekend is going well. 

With love from Christine xx


15 comments:

Hazel said...


Good morning Christine, your star is just stunning and would look great hanging
on the tree. Hazel

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, just adore your star, and easy to make too. I can see this being made soon. You star is so lovely, the dotty card is just right.

Wilma x x

melanie said...

Stunning Star will go and have a look in a minute .Melanie

Unknown said...

Another super project, love the colours Christine....I won't be making one though 'cause we don't put a tree up.....oooooh sad isn't it lol.
Minty gets lots of extra cuddles when there's a storm too.
Cheers,
Elaine

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Love, love, love your project, looks fantastic. Would be great hanging in the window.
I like doing this kind of thing will have a look later.
Looking forward to seeing your "Bag and Those Roses" ..........remember give the petals a good "Mash" to soften them it makes them easier to work.

Patricia xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Christine. I love the design and the gorgeous colours.

Sue

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine, gorgeous star....what a lovely idea for a Christmas ornament! Carole Z X

Stamps and Paper said...

Christine what a brilliant project and thank you for giving us the link to the tutorial....love your colours but the beautifu of it is you can colourize to match your own decorations..

Anne

Rita said...

Hi Christine, I saw this last month on Clare's blog, but I think yours is much more colourful. Its a lovely idea and would make a lovely gift too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
fantastic creation. So wonderfully made. I love the card used ,it is very vibrant. Must have a go at this at some point.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - this is a great project - and I love the peel-offs down the back - I think I would have put them there even if they weren't hiding a bit of white paper!!! They are a great addition. Will check up on the tutorial - still laugh about the first time you popped the tut. on your blog - I can't help it can I???

Big hugs to you, hope you are both well.

Sue Pxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Christine
Wat een mooie ster he je gemaakt.Mooi om in de kerstboom te hangen
Gerrie xxx

Craftyhugs said...

Oh wow!! This is such a fabulous idea! What a great decoration for christmas and the colours and eliments youve used just make it even more special. Im going to have a go at this myself. It looks fun. hugs xxx

Sonia said...

Wowww fabulous decoration:) Very very beautiful:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, what a gorgeous star, Christine! Fab work! Hugs