Thursday 8 November 2012

Monochrome

Hi everybody.

A simple card today which I am not pleased with. I almost didn't post it but then decided that we can all make mistakes can't we? My lovely dad used to say "Even (Sir) Stanley Matthews had his  off days!" - a football fan as you will have gathered!


Click on image to enlarge picture

The papers once again were very old stock which I bought some years ago from a craft shop which was closing down. At least I am continuing to use old stash when I can. I matted the plaid paper onto the base card, matted the spotted paper onto plain and then cut them  into pennant shapes, after computer generating the sentiment. The stamp is one I won from Ladybug Crafts last month and I stamped it with an Anna Griffin green pigment ink then used a brush to fill in the background so it wasn't stark white. I think maybe this is what I don't like about it because I'm not good at it.

Anyway, for better or worse it's here.

Today I am off to the NEC and hopefully not spending too much money! ROFL!

Have a good day. Love from Christine xx

16 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

I think this is lovely Christine, love the colour and the way the image almost blends into the background, very nice

jacqui x

Anne-Elise said...

Your card is beautiful, Christine! Nothing wrong with it! Love the soft colors, the gorgeous image and the pretty little bird! Lovely work! Hugs

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and the colours are beautiful.

Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
You are too hard on your self, this a beautiful card. Love the stamped image, and design.
Have a wonderful day at the NEC your purse or wallet are going to be a great deal lighter on your return. lol.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Christine, you never make a mistake in crafting, only happy accidents. Your card looks perfect to me and I love the image you have used. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, there is nothing wrong with this adorable card. The stamping,colouring, etc are all so elegant, just love it. Have great day at the NEC don't spent too much an take a photo of your stash for us to drool over.

Wilma x x

Hazel said...


Christine I hope you had a good day at the NEC, and bought lots of lovely goodies. Your card is simple
and lovely. Hazel

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Christine. I love the image and the monochrome tones look great.
Lorraine x

Carole Z said...

Super card Christine, what a lovely stamp! I always get a big kick out of using up stuff from my old stash :) hope you've had a good time at the NEC, Carole Z X

May said...

Hi Christine... What is there not to like... I think it's beautiful..love that image & design.... Hugs May x x x

melanie said...

What a tunning card love the Image ,hope you have a good time at the NEC.Melanie

Crafty Lark said...

I do like it and love to see different things especially when they come from stash that is not current, the sentiment is also great. Don't forget to show your new stash, lol. xx Flora

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - I personally think this is lovely! I love the stamp and recognised it as your prize straightaway. There is nothing to dislike at all. You are lucky going to the NEC - I bet you enjoyed yourself, you must let us know what you bought!

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Linda Wescott said...

Well I think it's for the better, I can't see anything wrong with it, I love it. Have a great time at the NEC.....not far from me, wish I could go. Hugs lin

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine, nothing wrong with your card, it is beautiful. I love the stamp you have used.
Have a Great Spend, remember we need to see the goodies.

Patricia xx

cat_crazy_char said...

You should be pleased about that card! Its lovely, way better than anything I could do! I especially love the little bird in the corner!

Charlotte xxxx