Tuesday 13 November 2012

Exploding Cracker

Good morning.  Thank you everybody for all your birthday wishes. I was quite touched. (John has always said that!)  I really don't know what has happened to 2012, it seems to have come, and almost gone, so quickly!

I didn't have a great deal of crafting time yesterday so I just did a quickie. A little while ago when I was having a clear out I came upon this template that I haven't used for a very long time.


Click on image to enlarge pictures



I tried to take a picture of the open cracker but it was almost impossible to take a decent picture, so I scrubbed it. It doesn't take much imagination to see how it would fall open when the ribbon is removed. I obviously used much stiffer card the last time I made these because the sides didn't gape so much then. I wanted to use  double sided cardstock so I didn't need to decorate the inside but it was obviously  too thin.

I stamped the little angel with Versacolour Petal Pink pigment ink and embossed it with WOW Clear Sparkle then mounted her on the second size Spellbinders Floral Ovals. On the other sides I  put a diecut stacker tree from Dees Distinctly A Cut Above dies, and added some glitter to them. Inside I just put some choccies but a little gift could be substituted.

If anybody wants the template I can pop it on the blog for you.  I might do another one of these next week and do a  better job of it.

Hope you all have a good day.

With love from Christine xx

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, I agree this year has just flown by. Your cracker is a "cracker". So lovely, yes I would like the template if at all possible, I am always on the look out for new items to add to my crafty ideas.

Wilma x x

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Christine and would be just the ticket for little give aways to neighbours/friends etc. Yes I would love the template too please if you don't mind. Ta.
Elaine

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, well I've made exploding boxes, but never seen a cracker...this is wonderful! Yes, would love the template! Hugs Carole Z X

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the delicate shade of pink and fabulous design

Sue

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely gorgeous Christine love that cracker great idea for the Christmas table

jacqui x

May said...

This is Gorgeous Christine, I never seen this template before.. It's beautiful would make lovely gifts..love the colours... Hugs May x x x

Stamps and Paper said...

Christine this is gorgeous, live your sweet angel and your colours.

Anne

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love it.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous cracker Christine, the little angel looks so cute! What a fabulous way to wrap a little gift.
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Christine, So glad you had a nice Birthday. Your cracker is beautiful and would make lovely table gifts and I would love to have a copy of your template. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
I was about to say just what Wilma said. This is a super project.
Very handy as a table deco at the Christmas table. You ave made a wonderful creation out of it. Just love the little angel stamp.
Yes I would like the template please.
Thank you sooooo much for sharing this idea with us.
Glad you had a fab Birthday.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Oksana said...

Beautiful, never seen one of these before. The little angel is so cute! Belated Birthday Wishes!xx

Sonia said...

Wonderful creation dearest friend^_^
This image is too sweet^_^ (Can you tell me the name and brand?)
Hugs,
Sonia

Planetsusie said...

Wow this is so great Christine - you have such brilliant ideas. I love the template and am astounded that this is a quickie! Gorgeous creation.

Hugs Sue Pxxx