Saturday 3 November 2012

New Home

Hello blog friends. Sorry about the confusion yesterday if you were trying to see this  post. As I scheduled it I had a senior moment and clicked on the wrong date and it published immediately. Ouch!  I'm sure there must be a way to rectify it but I couldn't find it, so in the end I just deleted  it and started again. Maybe one of you cleverer people knows the answer?

This is a card for my nephew who has just moved into his new home.

Click on image to enlarge card


Linda (Lindyloo) did a similar layout to this a few months ago on her blog Creative Harmony, which is where I remembered it from.  However, Linda's was beautifully feminine.  I used browns and blues and straight lines to maintain the masculine theme, and added a blue butterfly for a touch of whimsy.  Okay, I know the blue bow isn't so masculine but it's only a small one so I think I can be forgiven.  I computer generated the sentiment then used Spellbinders classic ovals to diecut the sentiment and co-ordinating mat.

Well that's it for me today. Hope you all have a good day and manage to find some time to craft.

With love from Christine xx



12 comments:

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine, love the crispness of the papers, great colours

jacqui x

Anonymous said...


Good morning Christine from a very frosty Fife. I love your new home card, it is difficult to get a new home card that can do a male, but you have covered that. Just getting a quick five minute blog hop before going to do the craft fair with Patricia. Had to text her to make sure she was wearing different colours to me and yes she is don't have to change. Have a easy day. Hazel

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
WOW!! how simple and SO!SO! effective is this, I love the colours.
Will be taking inspiration from today`s card, hope you don`t mind
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Morning Christine! Lovely card for a male and you could adapt for any occasion too! Have a great day, Carole Z X

Crafty Lark said...

Excellent, I love the blues and brown combination. xx Flora

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Christine. I love the colours.

I hope you have a good day
Sue

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
another super card. Love the colours and papers used. I do so much like that design.
I am after some new grand circle dies, can't wait till I've got the pennies to buy. You are very lucky to be going to the Nec. Why do they put these shows on near Christmas. I still have to watch what I spend as we went away last weekend to see my Dad and that cost us nearly £400 to stay in a hotel and fuel and everything else. Just think of the dies I could have bought with that amount. Still it was nice to see my Dad.
Oh dear I do seem to have rambled on bit too much, sorry.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Christine, I love what you've done with this card. Its so perfect and the layout is wonderful. I think the blue bow just finishes it off nicely. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Christine Hussey said...

Hi Christine, when I saw your card I instantly saw a male card and that was before I read your post. Fantastic colours that work perfectly together and the bow doesn't detract from the male theme at all. Love it and thank you for the inspiration. Love & hugs Christine H xx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, we all have those moments. I did wonder what was happening yesterday when on my blog list there was this card and when I logged on to your post it was different. That said this is a great male new home card love the colour combination, you got it just right even down to the blue bow.

Wilma x x x

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - well my senior moment is that I didn't notice it yesterday! Duh! I love this card Christine - just right for a male moving home. I don't think the bow looks out of place either - everything is just right.

Hugs Sue Pxxx

melanie said...

Love the card I wondered what had happened yesterday as the pic was not right with the discription , May have to use this Idea when the next moving card has to be done But I hope for not a long time .melanie