Monday 5 November 2012

Triangular Box

Good morning friends. What happened to the weekend - now you see it, now you don't and it's Monday again already.  I was trawling through blogland and came across this tutorial  for an incredibly easy box which can be found HERE and I thought you might be interested.  You only need a piece of card 28 cms x 14 cms and it only takes a couple of minutes.  It would be ideal for small gifts and can be embellished as simply or elaborately as you wished.  I think I might be using these for my table gifts at Christmas.  By altering the size of the cardstock  you can easily make different sized boxes.  I only embellished one side on this box but you could easily do all three so I'm  going to play around with a few more.


Click on image to enlarge pictures.

Showing two sides and the ribbon fastening it.



Showing the side opening with some goodies inside.
I used pink spotted card and decorated the edges with paper lace that I bought absolutely ages ago from Lakeland before they stopped selling crafty stuff. What I hadn't realised is that it is self adhesive and when you remove the backing it is exactly the same as the paper lace so can be used too. Not bad since I came across it by chance when I was going through a box of stuff that had been in the back of a cupboard for a couple of years. Sorry, I'm waffling! Back to the box. I added a WOC gardenia and a couple of pink and cream roses from my stash but I don't know where I bought them from, and Spellbinders foliage. The triangle ties with a ribbon and the whole of one side opens to allow you to put in the gift or sweets or whatever.

Well that's  it for today.

16 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine, Love, Love, Love it, this is right up my street. Colours perfect and of course it has a "Rose".
Made lots of these as favour boxes for my friends Daughter`s wedding.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, what a pretty idea, they look so easy to make, will have to have a look at your link. The boxes can be as elaborate or simple as you like. Wonderful idea.

Wilma x x

melanie said...

stunning box will go and have a look at your link >melanie

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Een mooi kado doosje leuk model
Fijne dag
Gerrie x

Hazel said...


Christine your box is lovely and as you say will make a beautiful table gift.
You ladies are all so clever.
Have a good day.
Hazel

Unknown said...

Hi Christine,
Your stuff always inspires me and I realised I had instructions for these boxes in the Crafter's Companion book that came with the board, time to fish it out again I think, would be ideal for Xmas goodies.
Wishing you a happy crafty week.
Elaine

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Ooo loving this Christine, what a super idea for Christmas

jacqui x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine, such a clever design and I love the pretty embellishments. Thank you for the link

Sue

Crafty Lark said...

That is so pretty Christine, love the papers and decoration. xx Flora

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
this is very beautiful. I love the card you have used. Great idea as you said, I think they could be used instead of crackers.
In answer to your question about the card I used on mine today.
I bought it from a place on line called PDA crafts based in Nottingham.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine, What a fabulous box for gifts, especially at this time of year. You have made a beautiful box and I'm off to see how its done. TFS. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous little box. I love the pink card and all your embellies look fab too.
Lorraine x

Anne-Elise said...

What a gorgeous box, Christine! Love the papers, the beautiful flowers and the leaves! Fab work!

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this box is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful papers and flowers...yes I too used to buy craft items from Lakeland..they seemed to lose interest not long after the lady who started the whole craft 'thing' with them sadly passed away. With all the interest in crafts now, I bet they wish they'd stuck with it! Carole Z X

Sonia said...

Just Wonderful box dearest Christine:) Beautiful paper and flowers:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Planetsusie said...

This is pretty Christine - I love it, the colours are just right. I think the spotty card is great, I've got a bit of a thing for spotty card/paper at the moment!!! Super embellishments!

Hugs Sue Pxxx