Friday 2 November 2012

The Happy Couple

As I said, I have been so busy and not much time to craft  - sob! sob!  I made this card a couple of months ago but haven't shown it so I thought this was a good opportunity.

Click on image to enlarge picture.


It is actually a stepper card but unfortunately I had to scan it rather than photograph it so you cannot see the step effect. I used white card stock to cut the stepper base using my hougie board, and matted it with pink pearlescent paper. The pink backing papers are from a  wedding scrapbook pad, which I think might be Hot Off The Press. There are some very pretty green papers in it which I will be using at some stage because they don't look like wedding papers. The image is an LOTV topper with some glitter added to the flowers and the brides gown, although not visible, Spellbinders lacy circle and two layers of pink pearlescent card using Martha Stewart  double loop punch. The flowers, pearls and ribbon are from my stash.

My new printer came yesterday so it is all set up and ready to go. Here's hoping that it serves me as well as my last one which I had for eleven years with no problems at all. Mind you, nothing is made to last these days so it's doubtful!

Well have a good day everyone.  Christine xx



17 comments:

Anonymous said...


Good morning Christine. Another lovely card I just love how all you clever people can think of all these lay outs. Have a good day. Hazel

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
I see my sister has beaten me here to today!!!
Love your card, that image is such a useful one, your layout is great and of course the colour is just perfect.
Have a Great Day

Patricia x

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

This is lovely Christine, I'm such a big fan of these little images I haven't inked mine up yet but I love yours

jacqui x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Chistine
Wat een leuke huwelijkkaart he je gemaakt
Jammer dat je niet veel tijd heb om kaarten te maken.
De laaste weken heb ik het erg druk op mijn werk.
Maar probeer toch altijd even tijd te maken
fijn weekend
Groetjes Gerrie

Crafty Lark said...

A beautiful card Christine, love the colours you have used, the layers and embellishments. xx Flora

Rita said...

Beautiful card Christine. I too have this stamp and I love it. Hugs Rita xx

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Christine, another beautiful card, the LOTV toppers are just so lovely. Your colour chose as always is my cup of tea. Have a lovely Friday, love & hugs Christine H xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Christine. I just love this stamp. Fantastic colours.

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love LOTV topper and the colours and design are beautiful

Sue

Anonymous said...

lovely card

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
another super card. I love the stamped image, and so beautifully coloured in too, and of course it's pink.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

melanie said...

What a beautiful card

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine - lovely card! I love this stamp and use it a lot..very pretty colours, Carole Z X

Craftyhugs said...

This is just gorgeous. What an adorable image. I love how you've layered up the card and used those fab dies. Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, what a lovely stepper card, LOTV images are so cute. The colours chosen are so lovely.

Wilma x x

Planetsusie said...

Love this card Christine - I don't think I have ever made a stepper card (apart from one I made in a workshop). It looks gorgeous with this image and these colours. I love LOTV stamps sooooo much.

Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Sonia said...

Wonderful card dearest:) I love This fabulous LOTV image:)
Happy weekend,
Sonia