Thursday 29 November 2012

Daisy Chain

Hi blog friends! Sorry I've been missing for a few days. Over the weekend I came down with a virus which really knocked me for a six! A couple of weeks ago I had a sore throat and felt a bit under the weather but that only lasted a day or so then I was absolutely fine. However, I think it hid away in my system and re-emerged last Friday evening - with a vengeance! Over the last couple of days I have been feeling  much better and got cracking on my Christmas cards. They are fairly simple fortunately and I have managed to get about 35 done. Still a long way to go but now I know what I'm doing I can really get my skates on. I actually work better under a bit of pressure!  Yesterday I started on my Christmas shopping. Okay, I know you've probably all just about finished, but hey, I'll get there!  I must confess I was pretty shattered when I got back from Milton Keynes!

Anyway I decided to have a  break from Christmas and make a 40th birthday card for my niece.


I have actually made an A5 card, which I haven't done for ages. I used Spellbinders M-Bossibilties Lovely Lattice for the background and trimmed the bottom edge with Martha Stewart Doily Lace. The main image is Marianne Creatables. The flowers and butterflies are Spellbinders Jewel Flowers & Flourishes with a few little lemon Prima daisies, and the leaves are Spellbinders Foliage. The centres of the large daisies were in my stash - I'm almost sure they were in with a box of Floradoodles that I got years ago.

Well that's it for today. I'd better get back to my Christmas card list!!!

I hope everybody has a good day today!  Love and hugs from Christine xx

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Christine
glad your feeling so much better I love your card its so pretty & delicate

Crafty Lark said...

Good Morning, pleased you are feeling better and I love the colour you have chosen for your card, gorgeous card. xx Flora

Oksana said...

Hi Christine, glad you're feeling better and what a beautiful card! I'm sure that she will love it.x

Marie-Louise said...

What a beautiful card. Love the cheerful colours and that marvellous Marianne Die.

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine, Glad to hear your feeling better to-day. What an eyecatching card. The colours are so pretty with the added flowers to give it dimension. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
superb card so fresh as a daisy, excuse the pun. I love everything about it. Superb design and wonderful creation.
I bet your niece will be sooooooooo thrilled with it.
Sorry to hear you have been poorly. I do hope you are feeling so much better now.
Well done you for getting your shopping done after being ill.
I do hope you haven't overdone it yesterday.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wou wat is deze kaart prachtig mooi de kleuren
Gerrie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine,
not a good time of year to be feeling poorly hey, glad you've knocked it on the head! This card is beautiful with it's lovely refreshing colours and I'm sure your niece will love it.
Cheers,
Elaine

Sue said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell Christine, I hope you continue to make a good recovery.
Your card is stunning. I love the design with those gorgeous flowers and beautiful colours
Take care
Sue

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Love your card Christine that yellow and is gorgeous and those flowers just finish it off perfectly.

Hope you feel better soon

jacqui x

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous sunny card Christine^_^
Beautifulflowers and die cuts^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Christine this is just gorgeous, such a lovely die an fabulous flower...love your colours too

Anne

Patricia said...

Good Morning, sorry to hear you have not been so good. I thought you were just taking a rest from this Blogging lark!!!!
A stunningly beautiful card using that Die that I am trying hard to resist.
I love your flowers, everything about this card is just so nice and fresh.

Patricia xx

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Christine! Love the embossed background, the beautiful flowers and the cute butterflies! Fab work! Glad you are feeling better now! Hugs

Sue said...

Stunning card Christine its absolutely lovely I'm glad your feeling so much better hugsss hun xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, WOW what stunning card. Really brightens up a dull day. Bet your niece lives this creation.
Glad to hear you are on the mend,these viruses are hitting a lot of people recently.

Wilma x x

janieworkum said...

Hoi Christine
Wat maak je mooie kaarten en al het andere, Ik ben net je volger geworden. Misschien wil je ook bij mij komen kijken en misschien ook wel volger worden. Ik heb nu 4 dit blog en iuk kom steeds nieuwe dingen tegen.
janieskaartenwereld.blogspot.nl
ik zie je

groetjes janie

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine.. Beautiful design & colours.. so glad to here you are feeling better!! Hugs May x x x

Lorraine said...

A beautiful card Christine. I love all the dies, the bright sunny colours and the pretty flowers.
So sorry to hear you have been poorly.
Lorraine x

Carole Z said...

What a lovely card, the colours and design are so pretty - sorry to hear you've been poorly :( Carole Z

Planetsusie said...

I really am sorry that you have been poorly Christine - but I am glad you are feeling a little better now. This card is really beautiful, I rarely use lemon but it is such a clean colour (if you see what I mean). Someone is going to be soooo pleased to receive this one. The Marianne Creatables die is one of my faves.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx