Thursday 22 November 2012

Christmas Accordion Book

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away for a couple of days. We've been quite busy and I was working on a project which took a little time to sort out  in my head. I saw a similar project being made at the NEC and managed to get the measurements so I was able to create my own. Today's post is very picture-heavy but it's the only way I can do the book/card justice.


Click on image to enlarge pictures.

 Just to show how the accordian resembles the pages of a book
 Showing the spine of the book
 The open book
 Close up of the LOTV image

I computer generated the book title for the front page and diecut it using  Marvellous Squares. I added WOC flowers and Marianne flourishes, with some pearls. I again computer generated the book title for the spine. The small flowers are actually snowflakes from Create a Flake 4 and I added a pearl in the centres. ( I have now adjusted the top pearl - didn't realise it had slipped till I saw the pic!)

Inside - at the left side I made a pocket , decorated the edge with Venetian Accents and used a  Marianne Creatables die as a tag so that  my friend can write her own message inside for her first grand daughter. At the right side I used LOTV Angels With Crib stamp,  coloured with promarkers and added lots of glitter - which doesn't show in the picture. I again used Venetian Accents to make a frame . The book is fastened with pink organza ribbon. It was so dark all day that not only did I need to use flash,  I also needed the overhead lights on. I ended up taking the photographs in the kitchen because it was the least shadowy there.

 I have yet to make the box, but I'll save that for another day in case you've all fallen asleep! Sorry this has been such  a long post!!!

Well I hope today is better than yesterday. It poured with rain all night and all day and the road was quite badly flooded yesterday when John drove to the next village to see his GP.

Have a good day everyone! Love and hugs from Christine xx

25 comments:

Hazel said...


Christine, this is stunning. What a beautiful keepsake. Well I hope the little girls mum keeps it. The work that has gone into it it must have taken you hours. Look forward to seeing the box. Hazel

Unknown said...

How wonderful is this, I can only imagine how much work went into creating such a lovely keepsake. You should be very proud of producing this work of art. Amazing I am in awe and now we eagerly await the box.

Wilma x x

Marie-Louise said...

Really beautiful Christine. Such a lot of work but well worth it.

Unknown said...

A beautiful stunning project Christine, the soft pastel colours are just perfect for this. I imagine lots of time and effort went into this so hope the recipient appreciates.
Hooroo,
Elaine

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a superbly wonderful, and beautiful book. So superbly made. Looks like lots, and lots of work gone into this. It's very stunning. I wouldn't no where to start with it. I love all the little elements you have put into it, and of course the LOTV image.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Absolutely beautiful Christine, what a lot of work, its gorgeous I'm sure it will be cherished

jacqui x

Unknown said...

This is really lovely Christine. Any chance of a tutorial on how to make the 'book'?

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
Oh! My! Word! this is wonderful, I love it.
I love the gentle colours you have used on this.
I made of few of these last year and getting those page corners neat is a B....r!!!!! A great project, sitting back to see your results is a great feeling. A lot of work but well worth the effort. Like the Roses once you get a few under your belt it all seems so much easier.
A "Keepsake" to be treasured.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Desiree, how nice to hear from you again. Glad you liked my project. I'm a bit pushed for time at the moment but I'll certainly have ago at putting together a tutorial, even though I have never done one before, if more than one person wants it. Christine x

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine. I love the design, it really has the WOW factor. The detailing and and delicate colours are gorgeous

Sue

Unknown said...

Yes please a tutorial would be wonderful as I would love to give this a try. So I am on my knees praying that you find time to do one.

Wilma x x

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful book Christine it is so pretty and just love the inside with your pretty lacy frame

Anne

Rita said...

Absolutely Stunning. I know the work they are to do as I've made a few myself. Your flowers are beautiful Christine. Now you will want to make more. Hugs Rita xx

Crafty Lark said...

Superb. Love it all. xx Flora

Lorraine said...

Stunning book Christine. I love the image, the colours...all of it!!
Lorraine x

melanie said...

Stunning gift would love a tutorial would love to try amd have a go how do you all do your sentiments on the computor have you got a special programme ,you know you could make a gift bag aswell for this no a box would be better sorry .Melanie XX

Carole Z said...

I haven't made one of these in a long time, yours is truly magical, love it Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, 2nd time today. I did a trawl on YouTube and found a tutorial for something similar to your accordian box. in the search on YouTube type Everblooming Crafts Faux Book Box Tutorial Part 2 and it comes up with instrutions and measurements for making the book. Part 1 deals with decorating her box. When I saw it I thought of you and it may save a lot of work preparing a tutorial if this is the same as yours you can direct anyone who asks here.

Or use it to aid your tutorial.

Wilma x x

Sue said...

This is stunning Christine I absolutely adore it well done you!!! huggles hun xx

Doreen said...

This is just stunning,a gorgeous piece of work.xxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Christine
wat een prachtig boek heb gemaakt een compliment
Wat een werk is het geweest
Gerriexxxx

Anne-Elise said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Christine! Your book is jus stunning! Love the flowers, the lovely image and the die cuts! Hugs

Karla said...

Beautiful book Christine, I like the colours en I love the flowers,

Greetings from Karla

Sonia said...

Wowwww terrific creation:) I love it:)
Gorgeous image, I love LOTV angels and Your glitter colouring:) Then fabulous die cuts added:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Planetsusie said...

Blimey Christine - I thought you said you were struggling with this one! It is absolutely beautiful, I do know what you mean about sorting it out in your head though. The colours are so beautiful and I love the way it looks like a book. Brilliant image as well.

Super creation and one that will be kept!

Hugs Sue Pxxx